• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Pay Close Attention to Where you Sit when you are carrying...

I understand why these officers sat where they did but they put priority in the wrong place.

They picked a place they could hide, be left alone, and carry a private conversation instead of observe, react, and defend.

I'm not blaming the victim but there are things one can do to reduce the chance of becoming a statistic. If you wear a short skirt, no underwear, no gun, drunk, and alone in Piedmont park at 3am, bad things are more likely to happen than if you are alert, armed, sober, and part of a group.

The shooter had the advantage: surprise, speed and violence of action.

I have explained this to my girlfriend before, and it took her a bit to get used to it, mainly cause she liked the seat with tactical advantage(as we call it lol) for the entertainment of people watching. I want it for safety reasons.

Teaching situational awareness to people is an interesting thing to do.

Just another great example of a reason not to open carry. It's no different than wearing a uniform. You are immediately put at the top of the kill list when the **** goes down. You take away any reactionary curve you may get when your the first target in an ambush situation. Stay concealed, stay alert, always anticipate worst case scenario and ALWAYS sit facing where you can see anyone coming in. Your life and the life of your family may just depend on it.

Just another great example of a reason not to open carry. It's no different than wearing a uniform. You are immediately put at the top of the kill list when the **** goes down. You take away any reactionary curve you may get when your the first target in an ambush situation. Stay concealed, stay alert, always anticipate worst case scenario and ALWAYS sit facing where you can see anyone coming in. Your life and the life of your family may just depend on it.

X2 Common sense keeps people alive. I have no idea why this is still up for debate. Spot on.

I preach Situational Awareness daily!

Yep. Should be a lifetime mindset.

- - - Updated - - -

And absolutely on target right here!!!

Back
Top Bottom