Passing a School Bus - Lesson Learned

Hypothetical:
Guy1 female dogs on facebook about getting ticketed by "the man" (Passing school bus, speeding, DUI, pick your poison). He complains he's the "victim" and shows absolutely zero remorse for his actions. Maybe he even admits to doing it prior and gets so defiant he proclaims he has no intention to stop doing and just wants advice on any 'technicalities' to eliminate or reduce his fine.
Guy2 gets ticketed for same thing and gets on fb and says "I screwed up, totally my fault. Y'all be careful out there. As a father, I can't believe I did that. Sure won't be doing it again."

A sentence and/or fine is supposed to be a deterrent. You believe Guy1 and Guy2 should get the same court ordered deterrent?
yes, what does social media venting have to do with the facts of the matter

they are both first time offenders, both are gonna get fined, but one gets fined more for speaking his mind? that is totally ****ed up

treated equally in the court so long as you agree

yes, what does social media venting have to do with the facts of the matter

they are both first time offenders, both are gonna get fined, but one gets fined more for speaking his mind? that is totally ****ed up

treated equally in the court so long as you agree
OK. We disagree. I'm glad there is discretion.

you call is discretion, i call it bias

hurray for seperate but equal
I call it not having to stick it to someone who made a mistake and is not a threat and being able to stick it to slow learners.
We could extrapolate this to priors as well. I mean 5th DUI or 1st, same crime right?

I call it not having to stick it to someone who made a mistake and is not a threat and being able to stick it to slow learners.
We could extrapolate this to priors as well. I mean 5th DUI or 1st, same crime right?
priors have nothing to do with what yu are advocating for

you are basically saying that a person's perceived attitude by a faceless justice system should be taken into account regarding sentencing for minor things such as traffic violations. that is retarded

priors have nothing to do with what yu are advocating for

you are basically saying that a person's perceived attitude by a faceless justice system should be taken into account regarding sentencing for minor things such as traffic violations. that is retarded
Since fines and sentences are designed to be deterrents, it's about propensity to recommit. Priors, lack of remorse, public statements are all indicators that I'm glad are used in sentencing. My obvious retardedness aside of course.

Since fines and sentences are designed to be deterrents, it's about propensity to recommit. Priors, lack of remorse, public statements are all indicators that I'm glad are used in sentencing. My obvious retardedness aside of course.
ya, cause you and the courts are clairvoyant.

i suppose if someone is really, really sorry they should get a pass too?

the retardedness is from the courts doing this kind of crap for a ****ing traffic ticket

ya, cause you and the courts are clairvoyant.

i suppose if someone is really, really sorry they should get a pass too?

the retardedness is from the courts doing this kind of crap for a ****ing traffic ticket
You could always lobby for mandatory minimums and the elimination of discretion. GLWS.
If you ever get charged for something let me know. I want to be in court on your behalf to say "He insists on the maximum your honor, no leniency. It's only 'fair'. Oh yeah, he said you can go suck eggs too!: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom