• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old Car Repair

shotgun 01

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
I am in search of a repair shop/person that knows old cars, in particular Buicks and Pontiacs. Not looking for cheap, just honest. I just got royally screwed by a shop in Lilburn, so I am asking for actual experiences. I usually do my own work, but now that I am getting old, and don't have access to a lift, sometimes I need things done. I would prefer someone in the Gwinnett/Walton county area. Thanks

Nothing serious. My TA has a steering box leak and something "chirping" underneath that I haven't found yet. My '65 Riviera needs some attention to the old paint, and some adjustment to the driver's side fender. I recently got my hands on the car, which hadn't moved in 10 years, and have been working on it. It was bought new by my Grandparents. I got it running and stopping. It had a "shudder" to it, which I thought was the 1987 tires. I put four new Cokers on it, and it still shudders. Also, the vent selector doesn't work. Blower works, but doesn't come out of vents. Just bought a new vacuum line set from Old Air Parts, so maybe that will correct that issue.

A pic of the car. 67,000 miles.

Attachments

• 20210706_181158.jpg
    20210706_181158.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom