• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oil lanterns...everbody should have a few.

The older mantels in Coleman lanterns and Aladdin lamps are made of thorium and are highly radioactive.

How about some uranium?

20230123_211830.jpg

I hit the oil lantern jackpot this weekend.
Picked up a couple more to add to my collection.
Little shop at the flea market has a nice collection for very reasonable prices.
The best part is that almost any type of cooking oil can be used in a pinch if you run out of lamp oil or kerosene.
These things are invaluable when the lights go out.
View attachment 5966179
You're 100% correct here. Everyone should have at least a couple of these along with the oil they burn. Never know when we might go back to log cabin days.

I have one. But the "bulb" is broken. Anywhere local I can buy another?
Unfortunately there's no universal size for these things. Given the wide spread of age and manufacturers they can very widely.
I picked up a few here and there from yard sales and flea markets to have just in case.
If you know the base size you can order them online. Both Amazon and ebay has them and there are other online suppliers as well.
Here's a couple.

Unfortunately there's no universal size for these things. Given the wide spread of age and manufacturers they can very widely.
I picked up a few here and there from yard sales and flea markets to have just in case.
If you know the base size you can order them online. Both Amazon and ebay has them and there are other online suppliers as well.
Here's a couple.

Thanks for the info. Got a couple of old lamps we used when I was a kid that need globes.

Back
Top Bottom