• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oil lanterns...everbody should have a few.

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
56   0
Reaction score
I hit the oil lantern jackpot this weekend.
Picked up a couple more to add to my collection.
Little shop at the flea market has a nice collection for very reasonable prices.
The best part is that almost any type of cooking oil can be used in a pinch if you run out of lamp oil or kerosene.
These things are invaluable when the lights go out.
20230715_100026.jpg

Yep which is why the lamp oil is the first choice but in an emergency or SHTF anything is better than nothing.
Man has used olive oil in lamps for thousands of years before Mama invented electricity.
View attachment 5966317
I have a couple with half gallon lamp oil for emergency. Haven't needed em in several years. Irma knocked out power for couple days

with the advent of solar chargers and LEDs, I'm thinking these are nice to have but not required. I have young kids so the fire risk is the biggest negative for me, and living here in Georgia I don't need the warmth they provide.

still cool though

Reactions: GFB
with the advent of solar chargers and LEDs, I'm thinking these are nice to have but not required. I have young kids so the fire risk is the biggest negative for me, and living here in Georgia I don't need the warmth they provide.

still cool though
Have both of those as well. The lamps are just one more tool for the shtf toolbox plus they look nice sitting on the mantle. Very few things are both useful and attractive.

Back
Top Bottom