• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

oh, f this

I've built a lot of lowers and something was out of spec with either the Anderson receiver or the Anderson roll pin. I didn't mic the roll pin; but I know that it wasn't the trigger guard pin being used. Simple solution is to use a CMMG kit and ALG trigger for about 20 bucks more.

For the front take down pin, go to Home Depot and get a 1/4 clevis pin for under 2 bucks. Slide clevis pin from back side and align up holes. Put spring in hole, detent in, and push down with a punch and rotate. Remove punch and just slide the take down pin in behind the clevis pin and push. Keep them tight and you will have it installed in about 1 minute total time with no looking for the detent that went flying.

I guess i will put the rest of it together and see if i can at least get my money back out of the lower. Any suggestions on the current condition, other than what i should have used?
Cerakote it and sell it on here! Make sure to list it lnib and custom

Sounds like it would be worth it. In truth, the take-down pins give me fits. I usually chase around detents and springs a few times.

Get the brownells takedown pin tool. $5 I think I paid for it and well worth the money. I can remove and install pins without any issues now and never have to chase one down

I've built a lot of lowers and something was out of spec with either the Anderson receiver or the Anderson roll pin. I didn't mic the roll pin; but I know that it wasn't the trigger guard pin being used.

It definitely happens. I've seen pins too large, but I've also seen lowers that had undersized pin holes too. In fact, one was a very expensive lower from a well known "quality" manufacturer.

First im hearing about an issue with an anderson lower.....looks like its their new one though with the built in trigger guard

Okay now you're not making it any better.

Damn bruh, just go inside and pop open a Miller Lite and a Xanax probably wouldn't hurt. Hell' the combination of the two might just save you $75.00.

Actually, a few were already there. I don't drink, and I save the Xanax for the airplanes. I've been looking for an excuse to powdercoat one anyway. I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

That being said, how the hell do I get the roll pin back out? I did manage to straighten it out and get it in.

Back
Top Bottom