• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

oh, f this

If I build out a lower I just omit this step saves me a headache.That way if I sell it they can beat and scratch it to hell.

Is that an Anderson LPK, if so I couldn't get my pin in either. Pulled it out and a PSA pin went in without any issues. If you don't have a spare, go to a LGS and get another pin for $1-2.

Is that an Anderson LPK, if so I couldn't get my pin in either. Pulled it out and a PSA pin went in without any issues. If you don't have a spare, go to a LGS and get another pin for $1-2.
Are you guys trying to use the trigger guard roll pin(1/8) for the bolt catch vs the 3/32 it should be?

What's worse than overpaying for a stripped lower? Having ****ty ******** ****ing parts. I think this $79 Anderson lower is about to meet the business end of my sledgehammer......View attachment 469932 View attachment 469932
Not trying to be a jerk, but have you assembled a stripped lower before? It looks like you misaligned the bolt catch, which will trap the BC in place and prevent insertion of the pin. Pro tip: use a punch, inserted from the opposite side, as a slave pin. This will hold the BC in proper alignment while you drive the roll pin into place. Looks like the pin hit the BC and stopped, then you proceeded to beat the crap out of it. Technique and correct tools make even the bolt catch an easy task.

I'm sure that I've got some extras roll pins. Send me your address and I'll mail you a couple of replacements.

Not trying to be a jerk, but have you assembled a stripped lower before? It looks like you misaligned the bolt catch, which will trap the BC in place and prevent insertion of the pin. Pro tip: use a punch, inserted from the opposite side, as a slave pin. This will hold the BC in proper alignment while you drive the roll pin into place. Looks like the pin hit the BC and stopped, then you proceeded to beat the crap out of it. Technique and correct tools make even the bolt catch an easy task.

I'm sure that I've got some extras roll pins. Send me your address and I'll mail you a couple of replacements.

Nice!

Back
Top Bottom