• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT weight loss competition thread. 8,000 rounds in prizes!

IMG_0318.JPG

A special thanks to all that participated/donated/or were weight stations. To those that dropped out early or never checked in, this was the worst time of year for it, don't make excuses, and make it happen!

234.2->190 occurred using atkins/low carb diet. I restricted myself to 20 grams a day (think 5 ketchup packets). Unrestricted eating of meats/cheeses. Worst part of the whole thing is having the worlds greatest steak in front of you, but wanting to push it aside because your wife is eating the free butter covered rolls. Mild exercise (around 6-10k steps a day), tried to get involved in playing paintball again to get me out and more active (blew out my knee, now I need surgery), but not much else. The diet isnt bad once you realize that we are not meant to eat all the garbage we put in our mouths. Grains are poison, anything that has to be ground, processed, mixed with sugar, and baked before it is edible is just wrong. Tasty, but wrong.

I had gotten to 234 because of my habits partially related to a new job. I am a mechanic, but now I sit in a cube and get stressed about the volume of stupidity that comes across my desk, come home, and drink/eat to kill the pain. Dr. said I have some problems with the weight and possible liver issues because of this. Its the wrong answer, but that is how I got to 234. I am happier at 190, but would like to be lighter and start working on getting more fit, not just weight loss. Phase II will be to see if I can get ripped. Im 37 and would like to see if I can get ripped (Abs, Arms, Legs, Etc) for a while. Not sure how I am going to do it, but thats the next goal.

Hunterrs has undergone an amazing transformation, as is readily evident from his posts. He is a spiritual man, who's story of when/how he decided to lose weight makes my win look like a game. I am hoping he will share his reasons in detail with the others here, as I believe it would help those that are lost.

Kingdaddy, many thanks for setting this up. It was great to make this into a competition to keep us motivated. Set up another event, especially now that the holidays are over. Time go get ready for bathing suit season! It was awesome to meet you both, and I look forward to putting the ammo to good use!

A special thanks to all that participated/donated/or were weight stations. To those that dropped out early or never checked in, this was the worst time of year for it, don't make excuses, and make it happen!

234.2->190 occurred using atkins/low carb diet. I restricted myself to 20 grams a day (think 5 ketchup packets). Unrestricted eating of meats/cheeses. Worst part of the whole thing is having the worlds greatest steak in front of you, but wanting to push it aside because your wife is eating the free butter covered rolls. Mild exercise (around 6-10k steps a day), tried to get involved in playing paintball again to get me out and more active (blew out my knee, now I need surgery), but not much else. The diet isnt bad once you realize that we are not meant to eat all the garbage we put in our mouths. Grains are poison, anything that has to be ground, processed, mixed with sugar, and baked before it is edible is just wrong. Tasty, but wrong.

I had gotten to 234 because of my habits partially related to a new job. I am a mechanic, but now I sit in a cube and get stressed about the volume of stupidity that comes across my desk, come home, and drink/eat to kill the pain. Dr. said I have some problems with the weight and possible liver issues because of this. Its the wrong answer, but that is how I got to 234. I am happier at 190, but would like to be lighter and start working on getting more fit, not just weight loss. Phase II will be to see if I can get ripped. Im 37 and would like to see if I can get ripped (Abs, Arms, Legs, Etc) for a while. Not sure how I am going to do it, but thats the next goal.

Hunterrs has undergone an amazing transformation, as is readily evident from his posts. He is a spiritual man, who's story of when/how he decided to lose weight makes my win look like a game. I am hoping he will share his reasons in detail with the others here, as I believe it would help those that are lost.

Kingdaddy, many thanks for setting this up. It was great to make this into a competition to keep us motivated. Set up another event, especially now that the holidays are over. Time go get ready for bathing suit season! It was awesome to meet you both, and I look forward to putting the ammo to good use!
It was great to meet you and hunterrs today! I do plan to put on another challenge at some point. Maybe this summer... I hope not to even be able to participate myself as I plan to keep focusing on my weight loss between now and then! Congrats again to all who lost weight. Thanks to all who participated and donated!

Back
Top Bottom