• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT weight loss competition thread. 8,000 rounds in prizes!

kingdaddy3247

Default rank <3000 posts
Voted 87th most handsome guy on the ODT
131   0
Reaction score
This thread will serve as the official thread for the ODT weight loss challenge.
For now, please only post in this thread if you are participating in the competition. Please read the rules that I am posting below, and if you can commit to the dates, rules, etc, then simply reply by posting that you are IN. You will later use that same posting and edit it weekly to keep everyone posted about your progress.

This competition is open to ALL members who want to loose weight and want a little friendly competition to go along with it. You can read the history of the idea at this thread: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/odt-weight-loss-challenge.1271147/
We want as MANY participants as possible. Come one, come al!

Again, PLEASE ONLY POST IN THIS THREAD (for now) IF YOU ARE COMMITTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION.

Currently the weigh in locations are in:
Acworth for our west of the metro participants. Host - @mgonza - available Friday Nov. 11, Saturday Nov. 12

Chattoga county for our N. of the metro participants. Host - VanillaGuerrilla VanillaGuerrilla - available Saturday Nov. 12 and Sunday Nov. 13

Snelville for our east of the metro participants. Host - KrisD KrisD - available Friday Nov. 11, Saturday Nov. 12 and Sunday Nov. 13

Warner Robins for our Mid Ga participants. Host - @nitrousfedlx - available Friday Nov. 11, Saturday Nov. 12 and Sunday Nov. 13 (afternoon/evenings)

Athens for our Athens area participants. Host - @triplestack3 - available Friday Nov. 11, Saturday Nov. 12 and Sunday Nov. 13

Buford for our North East of the metro particiapnts (also has a high limit scale - if you need a scale that goes above 350-400, you may need to go to him) - Host - @bumblebeefirearms - available Saturday Nov. 12 and Sunday Nov. 13

Participants:
kingdaddy3247 kingdaddy3247 - start weight - 234.6 -final weight -215. 8.35% lost
GeorgiaGun1 GeorgiaGun1 - starting weight - 244
VanillaGuerrilla VanillaGuerrilla - starting weight - 220.6
GAPATRIOT GAPATRIOT - starting weight - 364.4
troutman troutman - starting weight - 248
KrisD KrisD - start weight - 242 - final weight 233.4. 3.55% lost
@Radoslaw murawski - starting weight - 312.8
@avmtdan - start weight - 234.2 - final weight - 190. 18.87% lost
@Retired Army - starting weight - 272.2
@gunanddoglover - starting weight 247.4
@JkEnder - starting weight - 213
@nitrousfedlx - starting weight - 292.4
@Horsehat - starting weight - 247.2
@bumblebeefirearms - starting weight - 373.2
@triplestack3 - starting weight - 262
@BangBang - starting weight - 205
@FrogHunter - starting weight - 221
@PKP_EK_365 - DBD
@webicknell - starting weight - 237.6
@GAgunLAWbooklet - starting weight 286.4
@Hunterrs - start weight 397.4- final weight - 324.7 - 18.29% lost
@SchmittZoid - start weight - 321.8 - final weight - 305. 5.22% lost
@carsen3030 - starting weight - 250.2

Donating ammo to the contest:
@Hayata - 100 rounds .22
@Jholdbrooks - 100 rounds .22 cci mini mags
alleycat alleycat - 500 rounds .22
@MRH - 100 rounds .22
Thanks guys!

2016-2017 ODT Weight Loss Challenge Official Rules
1. Participant must be a member of the Outdoors Trader (ODT) forum.
2. Participant must be at least 18 years of age or older at the start of the competition and must also be legally able to possess firearms and ammo.
3. Ammo must be submitted by each participant at time of weigh in. Options for ammo submission are:
a. 500 rounds of .22 cal ammo
Or
b. 100 rounds centerfire ammo. Pistol or rifle ammo is allowed. No personal re-loads.
4. Once Ammo is submitted, it cannot be returned. There is no “dropping out”. Once a participant begins the challenge, they will be a part of the challenge through the end. Regardless of weight loss progress etc.
5. For weigh in and weigh out, participants will wear shorts and a t-shirt. This is to keep the weight of the clothing similar at weigh in and weigh out and prevent it from being a factor in one’s measured weight change.
6. Weight loss will be compared by % of starting body weight lost. Percentage of body weight lost will be figured using the following formula: lbs lost divided by starting weight. Then, multiply the result by 100. Or you can use the website : https://www.fitwatch.com/calculator/weight-loss-percentage
a. Starting weight will be recorded at weigh in.
b. Weekly updates of weight will be made to the official ODT weight loss thread. Include a picture of the scale showing your current weight for that week.
c. Final weigh out will be done at the same location of the participants weigh in.
7. Weight loss competition will last for exactly 92 days. This includes the weigh in day, and weigh out day.
8. The winner will be the participant who loses the largest percentage of weight using the above formula.
9. Ammo will be divided between the top 3 participants who lose the highest, second highest, and third highest percentage.
a. 1 st place will have first choice at ammo and will receive 70% of the ammo.
b. 2 nd place will have second choice at the remaining ammo and will receive 20% of the ammo.
c. 3 rd place will receive the remaining 10% of the ammo.
10. If members or sponsors donate any non-ammo items to the competition, they can designate which place they would like their donation to serve as a prize for. If no designation is made, the item will be considered a part of the first prize award.
11. In the event of ties:
a. In a tie for first place - the two participants will receive 45% of the ammo each. The 2nd place participant will receive the remaining 10%. There will be no third place.
b. In a tie for second place - the first place participant will still receive 70% of the ammo. The 2 participants who tie for second will then receive 15% each. There will be no third place.
c. In a tie for 3rd third place - the first place participant will still receive 70% of the ammo. The second place participant will still receive 20% of the ammo. The two participants in third place will then receive 5% of the ammo each.
12. Winners must pick up ammo in person. Ammo will not be shipped.
13. All participants will be in one of three groups. The groups will all have the exact same number of days for the weight loss challenge.
a. Group “a” will weigh in on Friday, November 11 and will weigh out on Friday, February 10.
b. Group “b” will weigh in on Saturday, November 12 and will weigh out on Saturday, February 11.
c. Group “c” will weigh in on Sunday, November 13 and will weigh out on Sunday, February 12.
14. Each weigh in station/ammo drop off location will offer 2 of the 3 above listed dates/groups. Each host will decide which 2 days/groups they will offer and will make that known on the “Official ODT weight loss challenge” thread.
15. Participants with major scheduling issues (pre-existing or last minute) may coordinate with their weigh in/ weigh out host to weigh out early. There will be no late weigh outs.

I'm in, and will most likely win. I'll also be hosting a weigh station for the NW ga area in Summerville on opening weekend. Anybody interested in weighing in with me shoot me a pm after you commit and I'll see what days will be needed to accommodate everyone and let you know the exact place and time.

In. And I look forward to selecting my 70% of the ammo ithat I shoot.

Seriously though, good luck to everyone this competition not only benefits us but our family as well. I know I want to be around to see my grandchildren. Oh yeah, my boys are 17 and 7 so it better be a while before that happens!

Back
Top Bottom