• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Well it was within the last year that the gold / silver ratio was over 100. THAT was the time to convert silver to gold. (i did and now have 4 oz). Wish i could wake up and find all my silver oz had turned into gold oz.

Speaking of.....anyone selling some rolls/numismatics? i've got an itch to scratch. PM me if so. My 7070 book is slowly getting filled ;-) (oh and if anyone has a GOLD page for the 7070 they wanna sell)

Well it was within the last year that the gold / silver ratio was over 100. THAT was the time to convert silver to gold. (i did and now have 4 oz). Wish i could wake up and find all my silver oz had turned into gold oz.

Speaking of.....anyone selling some rolls/numismatics? i've got an itch to scratch. PM me if so. My 7070 book is slowly getting filled ;-) (oh and if anyone has a GOLD page for the 7070 they wanna sell)
When the gold /silver ratio gets that high, silver is extremely undervalued; therefore you want to trade gold for silver, not the other way around.

Not following you. Why would you convert silver to gold at 100 to 1, and not wait till it drops to, say, 80 to 1. 20oz less of silver buys the same 1oz of gold.

Not following you. Why would you convert silver to gold at 100 to 1, and not wait till it drops to, say, 80 to 1. 20oz less of silver buys the same 1oz of gold.

good thing I wasn’t doing it off the ratio then cause I’d misunderstood it obviously lol. I happened to do it around I think it was may/June after COVID but before my vacation. I buy either when I can afford it. When I traded mine it was purely my cost vs then current cost vs price of gold. I felt good with the trade and picked up a few 1/10s.

That was the time to convert your gold into silver, so you could get the most silver for your gold. I didn't sell any of my gold to buy silver then, but I bought plenty of silver.

So what’s up with the price of platinum? I always thought it was more expensive than gold. I’ve been thinking about pulling the lever on a bit of it since the price has dropped...

So what’s up with the price of platinum? I always thought it was more expensive than gold. I’ve been thinking about pulling the lever on a bit of it since the price has dropped...
It usually is, but isn't currently. The average gold/platinum ratio has been about 1.25 gold to buy 1 platinum, but currently it's about .7 gold to buy 1 platinum. That means that now is a good time to buy.

Isn’t platinum being used less industrially though? I’m thinking like catalytic converters and stuff. All these new electric cars need silver and gold.
Also thinking palladium. And how about rhodium, it looks nice but does anyone really buy it?

Anyone waiting for the gold eagles release tomorrow from the mint?

Back
Top Bottom