• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Isn’t platinum being used less industrially though? I’m thinking like catalytic converters and stuff. All these new electric cars need silver and gold.
Also thinking palladium. And how about rhodium, it looks nice but does anyone really buy it?

Anyone waiting for the gold eagles release tomorrow from the mint?
Platinum has been used for catalytic converters for diesel engines whereas palladium has been used for catalytic converters on gasoline engines. The decision to use palladium for the gasoline engines' catalytic converters was made back when palladium was much less expensive than platinum. Now that palladium is significantly more expensive than platinum, the automotive industry has expressed interest in switching from palladium to platinum for the gasoline engines' catalytic converters. I've heard some US government regulation agency said that the automotive industry already has the green light to use platinum instead of palladium, so now it's just a matter of when the industry decides to switch over. I'm pretty sure this recent news is what caused the spike up from ~$1,000 an ounce to ~$1,200 an ounce.

As far as rhodium goes, a few years ago it was $3,000 an ounce and last I heard it's now something like $20,000+ an ounce so clearly people are willing to pay for the stuff.

At the end of the day, the same physical properties which make gold and silver money also make platinum, palladium, and rhodium money as well. It would be inconsistent to suggest that gold and silver are money but the other three are not. It's just that we didn't have the knowledge of palladium and rhodium's existence nor the technology required to melt and refine platinum until relatively recently (from the perspective of human history). Once we got to the point where we knew about these metals and had the technology to melt/refine them, the globalist cabal had already started to take over and had manipulation schemes for all precious metals. If we ever return back to a truly free market then platinum, palladium, and rhodium will rightfully be considered to be money as gold and silver already are.

Platinum has been used for catalytic converters for diesel engines whereas palladium has been used for catalytic converters on gasoline engines. The decision to use palladium for the gasoline engines' catalytic converters was made back when palladium was much less expensive than platinum. Now that palladium is significantly more expensive than platinum, the automotive industry has expressed interest in switching from palladium to platinum for the gasoline engines' catalytic converters. I've heard some US government regulation agency said that the automotive industry already has the green light to use platinum instead of palladium, so now it's just a matter of when the industry decides to switch over. I'm pretty sure this recent news is what caused the spike up from ~$1,000 an ounce to ~$1,200 an ounce.

As far as rhodium goes, a few years ago it was $3,000 an ounce and last I heard it's now something like $20,000+ an ounce so clearly people are willing to pay for the stuff.

At the end of the day, the same physical properties which make gold and silver money also make platinum, palladium, and rhodium money as well. It would be inconsistent to suggest that gold and silver are money but the other three are not. It's just that we didn't have the knowledge of palladium and rhodium's existence nor the technology required to melt and refine platinum until relatively recently (from the perspective of human history). Once we got to the point where we knew about these metals and had the technology to melt/refine them, the globalist cabal had already started to take over and had manipulation schemes for all precious metals. If we ever return back to a truly free market then platinum, palladium, and rhodium will rightfully be considered to be money as gold and silver already are.
Isn’t that the point? People would know that’s it’s in demand?

anyone ever use these guys?
Pricing – Volunteer Precious Metals
they sell for 3.5% over cost.

I've made several purchases from them. I find them to be honest and very straightforward. The only thing I wish they would do differently would be to offer free shipping for large orders. For example, if buying a couple hundred face dollars of constitutional silver, the box has some weight. They ship everything certified, insured, etc. and shipping is usually around $30.00. If you care about percentages and premiums, you'd need a $3K order so the shipping only adds 1% to your cost. Other than that, they are great and I find their prices to be competitive with other online retail sites. They will even talk metal "shop" on the phone with you. For background on their family, do some reading at:

https://the-moneychanger.com/

I've made several purchases from them. I find them to be honest and very straightforward. The only thing I wish they would do differently would be to offer free shipping for large orders. For example, if buying a couple hundred face dollars of constitutional silver, the box has some weight. They ship everything certified, insured, etc. and shipping is usually around $30.00. If you care about percentages and premiums, you'd need a $3K order so the shipping only adds 1% to your cost. Other than that, they are great and I find their prices to be competitive with other online retail sites. They will even talk metal "shop" on the phone with you. For background on their family, do some reading at:

https://the-moneychanger.com/
What is the deal, the link sends me to a phone number?

What is the deal, the link sends me to a phone number?

Well, When I click it, it takes me to the MoneyChanger website. Yes, there's a phone number on that page but there's also other links. From there, you can click through articles and other information. The father figure of the family, Franklin Sanders, has quite a history in the metals industry and has authored books and articles. He was even working one day when I called and he helped me place my order. If it's not him on the phone when you call, it's one of his sons.

One question for readers of this thread: if I was looking to buy any silver or gold that any member here might be willing to sell, do I post it here or is there a separate "Want Ad" thread?

Thanks!

I know that most people like bullion coins over bars. But Dollar for dollar, bars are usually a better deal when trying to cut do on the premiums over the spot price. Are any of you here ok with buying their PMs in bar form??

Back
Top Bottom