• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Meet-Up June 9th! -Please VOTE!

ARe you coming to the meet-up and are you bringing folks with you?

• I'll be there by myself!

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I'll be there and bring 1 person with me.

Votes: 29 16.2%
  • I'll be there and bring 2+ people with me.

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • Sorry, can't make it!

Votes: 91 50.8%

• Total voters

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Update 2:

Free stickers for anyone that attends!

Also will have every size and color of the new ODT shirts in stock at the meet for $10 a piece, including small & medium! (Very small quantities in small and medium)

Update 1:

If anyone wants to help cook or has anything they would like to bring please post in here and I'll get in touch with you. Free shirts for the cooks! :D

I'll have the remaining shirts for sale for $10 a piece, probably have around 30 left in total right now.

There will most likely be a GaCarry booth there as well if you want to get started with them or renew your membership.

Just wanted to let everyone know we are having our annual meet-up on June 9th this year at Sweetwater Creek State Park in Lithia Springs.

Feel free to come out and say hello to some fellow site members! We'll just be cooking out and telling lies. Food and drinks will be provided, all you need to do is pay for parking, which is $5 a car.

This is a family friendly event so feel free to bring the kids. The park has a lot of activities to offer and we have plenty of space in and around the group shelter. The shelter has a large fire pit for cooking, shelter for 150 people, bathrooms, and a playground next door.

We'll start at 1:00 PM and just run until it dies out or gets dark. If anyone wants to bring extra food please feel free, I will provide all the hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and drinks for at least 150 people.

Info:

Sunday, June 9th, at 1 PM to ???

Sweetwater Creek State Park
1750 Mt Vernon Rd
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
(770) 732-5871

We will be in the Group Shelter. Refer to the group shelter at the front gate for directions.

There is a $5 parking fee per car.

Pictures:

2013-03-01 13.55.15.jpg
2013-03-01 13.56.21.jpg
2013-03-01 13.56.28.jpg
2013-03-01 13.56.47.jpg

Is the park gun friendly?

With valid weapon-carry license only!!! This from http://www.gastateparks.org/rules :
Weapons: Bows and arrows, explosives, fireworks, slingshots, fishing spears or any device that discharges projectiles by any means is prohibited. Firearms must be unloaded, cased and stored, unless a person possesses a valid weapons-carry license for a firearm that is valid in Georgia. A person possessing a valid weapon-carry license to carry a firearm valid in this state may carry such firearm on Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites, except on sites where carrying such firearm is prohibited by federal law. Firearms except those that are unloaded, cased and stored are not permitted on sites that are leased, federal Army Corps of Engineers property, including:
Red Top Mountain
Seminole
George T. Bagby
Florence Marina
Tugaloo
Hart
Bobby Brown
Richard B. Russell
Elijah Clark
Mistletoe

Reciprocal Firearms Agreements
Some states have reciprocal firearms agreements with Georgia, and their citizens may possess a firearm as long as they possess a valid weapons carry permit from their respective state. These include:
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Back
Top Bottom