• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Chefs - What Do You Think About This?

750grillpan29.jpg
I want one'a these

Those things are hard to clean. We had one. I'm not sure what happened to it.

We have a good bit of cast iron and when l cook that's what gets used. My wife just got a new Dutch oven. But the one she got has a ceramic coating. I'm not real sure how l feel about it. But its easier to clean. You have to clean them right and keep up with the seasoning. If not they're hard to cook in. We don't cook in fat so it's a little harder to keep them seasoned. Every now and then when something else was cooked in the oven I'll rub them down with crisco and stick them in while the oven is cooling off.

Those things are hard to clean. We had one. I'm not sure what happened to it.

We have a good bit of cast iron and when l cook that's what gets used. My wife just got a new Dutch oven. But the one she got has a ceramic coating. I'm not real sure how l feel about it. But its easier to clean. You have to clean them right and keep up with the seasoning. If not they're hard to cook in. We don't cook in fat so it's a little harder to keep them seasoned. Every now and then when something else was cooked in the oven I'll rub them down with crisco and stick them in while the oven is cooling off.
There's a lot of "heathy" oil options out there now (I bet you already know this though) . I've been mixing olive oil with blended oils a lot and everybody likes it here. Olive oil in the spray can is Awesome but it'll burn up if you're not careful. I like the ceramic stuff

There's a lot of "heathy" oil options out there now (I bet you already know this though) . I've been mixing olive oil with blended oils a lot and everybody likes it here. Olive oil in the spray can is Awesome but it'll burn up if you're not careful. I like the ceramic stuff
I love cooking with olive oil but it has a very low burn threshold that makes it unsuitable for searing. Does mixing with the other oils help in that regard?

I love cooking with olive oil but it has a very low burn threshold that makes it unsuitable for searing. Does mixing with the other oils help in that regard?
It should work. I stir fry veggies in it all the time. My method= pour a little high temp oil in after pan gets hot , pour olive oil in with it right before throwing the veggies in , add olive oil if needed while cooking. Works for me every time and olive oil makes Everything taste better imo :thumb:

That's what we use, oil and spray. It just doesn't leave a "season" in the pan when you are done like crisco does. Olive oil pretty much all cooks out when when you cook with it. It can also sour if to much is left in there for to long, unlike crisco. The ceramic ones are nice because you can actually scrub them clean with damaging them (within reason). I typically give the regular pans a light rinse and wipe down with a paper towel and salt. Then put them on the eye at a low temp to make sure they are very dry.

That's what we use, oil and spray. It just doesn't leave a "season" in the pan when you are done like crisco does. Olive oil pretty much all cooks out when when you cook with it. It can also sour if to much is left in there for to long, unlike crisco. The ceramic ones are nice because you can actually scrub them clean with damaging them (within reason). I typically give the regular pans a light rinse and wipe down with a paper towel and salt. Then put them on the eye at a low temp to make sure they are very dry.
You're right. When mine start getting ugly I'll wipe down with blended oil or crisco and heat it up in the oven. I got one that's a real old hand me down that I try to cook only bacon/sausage/burgers in.

Back
Top Bottom