• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Obama Administration Proposes Sweeping Gun Regulations

Glad I got my form one in before the massive onslaught of People file when ar pistols are made illegal.

If that happens I bet the wait for an SBR would be like 2 years

I made the asumption of AR pistols because they explicitly state "High Power" pistols... They aren't talking about 45 super, they're talking about the rifle cartridge pistols... And they asked the ATF to expand and elaborate the legal definition of a pistol... Why? To word it to where AR Pistols are a NFA controlled item..

And you could very well be right. The rule change text is pretty tough to wade through, and I could easily be missing some technical point that if passed, would allow them to turn AR pistols into SBRs.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why they would even bother. Things like pen-guns and wallet-guns are pretty obviously AOWs, I find it hard to believe that there's many problems with people trying to get stamps for these.

It's gotta be something sneakier than that...

Here's the new definition they list in the rule PDF (here).

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2005-04-07/pdf/05-6932.pdf#page=1

NOTE: This is a PDF file that will ask to be downloaded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Accordingly, the proposed definition of ‘‘pistol’’ in section 479.11 would read as follows:

(a) A weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having—

(1) A chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s); and
(2) A short fixed stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

(b) The term shall not include any weapon disguised to look like an item other than a firearm, such as a pen-gun, wallet gun, belt-buckle gun, pager gun or gadget device, or any gun that fires more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

So it is going to amount to some lame, neutered "rules" just so that Barry can tell the left "see, I actually did something"

Deny them the pleasure regardless

*UPDATE*
Per phone a few minutes ago with the NRA-ILA this will be Executive Order designed to bypass Congress. It is of utmost importance that you spread the word to any second amendment supporters or any Constitutional Citizens to call your/their legislators. Getting a foot hold now is important since the President and his new Republican green flagged attorney General are choosing dictatorial approaches in lieu of a marginally pro gun congress and senate. You can also bank on regulations regarding ammunition and certain firearms(high powered hand guns?) which could be anything.

Again this is going to be bad so get active now!

**** these bastards.

I'm sick of them passing laws that magically turn me into a criminal.

Obummers abuse of executive orders is SICKENING.

Back
Top Bottom