• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No job = makeshift sling. Watcha think?!

Can you loop a wire, keychain ring or, zip-tie through the barrel band loop?

That would make a much better setup - I think.

Agreed but the barrel band does not allow for anything to pass through. No clearance whatsoever. I believe I may try to drill a hole at the front of that stock. Before the barrel band and see if I can find some grommet or hollowed plugs of some sort to make it look nice and feed the sling through it that way its off the barrel.

Agreed but the barrel band does not allow for anything to pass through. No clearance whatsoever. I believe I may try to drill a hole at the front of that stock. Before the barrel band and see if I can find some grommet or hollowed plugs of some sort to make it look nice and feed the sling through it that way its off the barrel.
It will not matter in the least. I promise you. You'll still pull the barrel down and your POI will be many inches low at 100 yards IF you use the sling when shooting. If from a rest? It won't matter much. The lock up on the takedown models is THE weak point in the system.

You might try this if your sling isn't too wide.
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Arms-Gear-Tactical-Barrel/dp/B007N8NTUK

It will not matter in the least. I promise you. You'll still pull the barrel down and your POI will be many inches low at 100 yards IF you use the sling when shooting. If from a rest? It won't matter much. The lock up on the takedown models is THE weak point in the system.

The idea of this makeshift sling is to get me and the rifle from A to B with more ease than carrying the whole thing with two hands, especially during a quick maneuver. This gun is not something I would use to take a 100 yard shot unless I had to. Its strange you've had such bad experiences w/ the takedown model. I've owned many 10/22s including several takedowns. They seem to be fine out to 75 yards. Again, i'm not out to precision shoot on a takedown. If i can get a decent group out of a takedown I am happy.

The idea of this makeshift sling is to get me and the rifle from A to B with more ease than carrying the whole thing with two hands, especially during a quick maneuver. This gun is not something I would use to take a 100 yard shot unless I had to. Its strange you've had such bad experiences w/ the takedown model. I've owned many 10/22s including several takedowns. They seem to be fine out to 75 yards. Again, i'm not out to precision shoot on a takedown. If i can get a decent group out of a takedown I am happy.
Not bad experiences, I own twelve 10/22s in all sorts of configurations. What I'm referring to is trying to use a takedown model with a sling like this:
prone.jpg

It simply doesn't work. A solid stocked 10/22? No problem. That's all I was saying. Carrying strap and shooting sling are two different things in use.

Back
Top Bottom