• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No job = makeshift sling. Watcha think?!

Well, second one first I reckon. Paracord front attachment may fit between barrel
ring and barrel. Slide ring off stock, loop cord around barrel at ring location OR
inside ring itself, reinstall ring.

As for OP, few things don't seem to add up. 10/22 shown appears to be take-down
synthetic and stainless model which runs $375-400 w/o cost of suppressor. Base
carbine synthetic closer to $200.
If I was out of work and watching family finances I'd have hard time justifying
upgrade to the more expensive 10/22 models. Don't know about synth version
but wood stock base carbine has removable butt plate. Think I'd drill a hole in
that, make a big knot on one end of paracord, run other end thru the butt plate
and up to the barrel ring. Perhaps synthetic stock doesn't offer that option. Maybe
a D-ring will fit new holes in stock then attach cord to D-ring until leather sling
needs the D-ring.
If/when you need to sell it on ODT for food or pay electric bill remember that a
hole in the stock makes it a 'custom'. Definitely looks like a fun & worthy project
while battling the quarantined blues.

To clarify things, I got this and a shotgun before my family realized they weren't gonna be operational for the next few weeks and possibly months. We can't predict the future, thats why I am handling it the way I am. I had the suppressor for a year now. I know what I did to my rifle. Again, this is a ditch kind of rifle if need to be.

Ewe. You tied it around the barrel.

I got the idea from people who wrapped paracord around their chiappa little badgers. Because it is a tapered barrel when you put tension on the paracord, it actually just hugs the barrel real nice and doesn't slip around as much as you'd think. JUST GIVE ME ONE OF YOUR NICE 22S THEN! :D

Putting the sling on ANY portion of the front half of the carbine, barrel or stock, and using it in a hasty manner for support will change your point of impact.

Putting the sling on ANY portion of the front half of the carbine, barrel or stock, and using it in a hasty manner for support will change your point of impact.

I agree. I wish I could somehow get a hollow bolt for the barrel band. Kinda like those hollowed out bolts for BMX bikes on the bike stems to "shave weight". I could of thread it easily through one but I guess thats also why we have swivels invented lol.

If it works....it works....

hahaha. 36 hours into a survival situation and the cord snaps i'm gonna make a duct tape sling. Yall just watch.

I don't remember why I bought one of these years ago but I remember thinking I'd use it for an Appleseed event. I put Tech Sights on it and went to sight it in and discovered the barrel band sling swivel allowed me to pull the front end down so much I lost 12 MOA at 100 yards when slung up.

I don't remember why I bought one of these years ago but I remember thinking I'd use it for an Appleseed event. I put Tech Sights on it and went to sight it in and discovered the barrel band sling swivel allowed me to pull the front end down so much I lost 12 MOA at 100 yards when slung up.
Teddy Roosevelt said "do the best you can, with what you have where you are" that's served me well many times.

Can you loop a wire, keychain ring or, zip-tie through the barrel band loop?

That would make a much better setup - I think.

Back
Top Bottom