• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New gun predictions/wants

Ruger was anti- "high capacity assault weapon made for killin' people sold to any swingin' Dick (or Joe Blow, or John Doe...). Not anti-gun in any other ways. Heck, he was fine with selling people Mini-14s with 20 round mags, but NOT with folding stocks and flash hiders (those were supposed to be for cops and armed security guards only). He was fine selling his P-series semi-auto pistols with 15 round mags to the public, but they didn't have flash hiders or other tactical crap on them, either.

I don't have any predictions about what the gun companies WILL come out with, but here's what I "WANT" them to make:

Small pistols and small-frame revolvers that have fairly long barrels, and good sights, and (for the revolvers especially) smooth and light DA trigger pulls.
But the frame and the grip dimensions have to be small, and the gun must be light weight.
Think of something like an I-frame S&W "Model of 1903, Hand Ejector" in .32 S&W Long,
or the later models 30 or 31. Those guns were available with 3" and 4" barrels, not just the more common 2" barrels that are standard today for all .38 snubby revolvers.

I'd like to see many of the small .380 pistols like the Ruger LCP, the S&W Bodyguard, the Kahr CW380, all come in a "stretched" version with the same grip, same single-stack magazine and slim width, but with an extra 1.5" of barrel and slide. Longer sight radius, and while they're at it, make the sights brightly colored, and big. The notch of the rear sight should be 3X wider than what they are now. Optimize them for fast shooting of controlled pairs at 7 or 10 yards, not shooting the 10-ring on a bullseye target at 25 yards in a police qualification course.

I clicked on this thread in a fairly disinterested manner, and then read 10mm PPS. I need one. Within the next 6 months, dammit, I would go out and buy it first thing Monday morning.

Back
Top Bottom