• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need help with building a computer

so are there any beeps at all whne it starts up I was reading the manual for this motherbaord and it says during bootup there should be on quick beep that detects the VGA

This may be offensive, but you are shutting the PSU all the way off when you make these changes?

Not offense at all, I just appreciate the help. I am a complete noob at building a computer, and this was a Christmas present for my son, so you can imagine he was a little disappointed when it didn't work after we worked on it all day yesterday.

What do you mean by shutting the PSU all the way off? I am holding the power button down until the tower shuts down(LED go off, fans stop running). Is that the right way, or have I screwed up?

so are there any beeps at all whne it starts up I was reading the manual for this motherbaord and it says during bootup there should be on quick beep that detects the VGA

No beeps, no whine, all I can hear are the fans running. It's got 6 fans on the thing, LOL.

I hate to run off on you but its 2 am here and I got to get up fro a flight back to the states in the morning. Good Luck wish I could have got it running for you robalby going to need somebody to go over all the connections with you make sure everything is seated well and add one compnemt back at a time to chase down the issue.

I hate to run off on you but its 2 am here and I got to get up fro a flight back to the states in the morning. Good Luck wish I could have got it running for you robalby going to need somebody to go over all the connections with you make sure everything is seated well and add one compnemt back at a time to chase down the issue.

Thanks for your help. If you can think of anything else i can check let me know.

Back
Top Bottom