• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need help with building a computer

another thing to check did the motherboard have a built in vidoe card some of them will not auto disable the onboard card when an add in card is installed

If that is the case, If I took the added on video card out, then I should be able to get a signal? Then after getting the operating sytem loaded, go back and change it?

I beleive the 670 has two power connecters a 6 pin and an 8 pin both need to be connected. The cable should go from one of the DVI connectors on the card one is a DVI-I and One is a DVI-D . Try connecting it to the connector closest to the motherboard.

- - - Updated - - -

yes you should be able to test it and configure with the onbaord then add the card after the fact

^^^this^^^

Post the model mobo and video card you have.
Wouldn't hurt to know what you monitor is too.
Happy to help.

Email me if you want and I can help faster.

Thanks.

The monitor is a ASUS VE278Q
The Mother board is a ASUS P8Z77-vlk
The video card is a EVGA GeForce GTX 670
CPU I7 Intell
Case is a CoolMaster 932 HAf
Memory Corsair Vengence DDR3 16GB
Power supply Corsair TX750

I beleive the 670 has two power connecters a 6 pin and an 8 pin both need to be connected. The cable should go from one of the DVI connectors on the card one is a DVI-I and One is a DVI-D . Try connecting it to the connector closest to the motherboard.

- - - Updated - - -

yes you should be able to test it and configure with the onbaord then add the card after the fact

This one has two 6 pin, which I have the 2 PCI-E connectors from the power supply harness hooked to it.

Last edited:
then you should be getting power I would try removing the card and testing the rest of the build with the onboard Then add the card back. If your monitor came with a DVI cable I would use that and not use the vga to DVI if possible

That EVGA is a beast!
Check it's docs and see if it needs two power conn.
I have never had one that did, but IDK.
I would definitely boot it up w/o the v-card and see what I could get.
Some BIOS will dump the onboard if you even have a v-card installed.
Let us know.

I am running a EVGA 670 myself and I had an issue when i frist installed trying to use the display port but once i connected the DVI fist installed the drivers then switched it it worked fine after that

then you should be getting power I would try removing the card and testing the rest of the build with the onboard Then add the card back. If your monitor came with a DVI cable I would use that and not use the vga to DVI if possible

OK, I'll try removing the video card, and see if I can get a signal. If that works then I guess I can add it later, after I get the software installed. The monitor did not come with a DVI cable, but just an adaptor to go from VGA to DVI-I.

Back
Top Bottom