• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need help with building a computer

beaker

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
21   0
Reaction score
Anyone out there that can help me with a computer build. My 12 year old son wanted to build a computer, so for Christmas we ordered all the parts to do it. It's together, but we can't get a video signal, and i think it's the video card, but I can't be for sure. And, I don't know how to check to make sure that's the problem. If anyone could help, let me know.

Thanks

Beaker

No beeps, but the tower does power up. I'm getting a message on the monitor, "no VGA signal detected," then the monitor turns off.

another thing to check did the motherboard have a built in vidoe card some of them will not auto disable the onboard card when an add in card is installed

another thing to check did the motherboard have a built in vidoe card some of them will not auto disable the onboard card when an add in card is installed

^^^this^^^

Post the model mobo and video card you have.
Wouldn't hurt to know what you monitor is too.
Happy to help.

Email me if you want and I can help faster.

Are you using a VGA cable or dvi? Does the monitor know which to use? Some monitors need to be told which cable to use.

I tried a VGA connected from the monitor to the VGA on the back of the tower that connects to the motherboard. The graphics card also came with a VGA to DVI-I adaptor, so I tried hooking the VGA from the monitor, to the DVI-I on the graphics card coming out of the back of the tower. Nothing on either one. I can change the source on the monitor using the menu button, and I tried changing, but still no signal no matter what setting on the monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

is the fan spinning on the card? Also what is the card

EVGA GTX Geforce 670. Not sure if the fan was turning on the card, I'll have to go check that.

Back
Top Bottom