• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Help From Corvette C5 owners

Let me know when you get one and want to upgrade that engine. I'd love to work on it for you. Been building racing engines professionally for over 10 years. With podium Le Mans finishes.

What division and platform? I've followed LeMans for quite a while (though last year absolutely sucked, I didn't even go to Road Atlanta for Petit).

What division and platform? I've followed LeMans for quite a while (though last year absolutely sucked, I didn't even go to Road Atlanta for Petit).
Panoz Esperante's and the Robertson Racing Ford GT.

When the Esperante's went to Le man, that was about 3-4 years before I started there but have built several since then. Same car and platform. I was heavily involved with the Robertson Racing venture to Le Mans

Panoz Esperante's and the Robertson Racing Ford GT.

When the Esperante's went to Le man, that was about 3-4 years before I started there but have built several since then. Same car and platform. I was heavily involved with the Robertson Racing venture to Le Mans
That's freaking awesome! Very nice feather in your cap!! Politics of LeMans aside, I love the series. It's amazing what the manufacturers have been able to bring to the production world now!!

That's freaking awesome! Very nice feather in your cap!! Politics of LeMans aside, I love the series. It's amazing what the manufacturers have been able to bring to the production world now!!
It was an amazing place to work. Learned a ton and got to experience a lot of really cool stuff. Was one of the head engine builders and dyno operators for the Delta Wing project as well. Did the 24 of of Daytona with it several times.

It was an amazing place to work. Learned a ton and got to experience a lot of really cool stuff. Was one of the head engine builders and dyno operators for the Delta Wing project as well. Did the 24 of of Daytona with it several times.
That Delta Wing was oddly cool for sure! Working on that would be like working on the SR-71 back then! LOL
The first time I saw it, I wondered how it would stay on the course. It looked like one steering wheel twitch away from the tire wall!

I've had my c5 since July 2000 (it's a 2001). It has been a great car to play with. It's pretty fast, handles well, actually gets 25mpg cruising at 70mph.
It's had many of the little gremlins that are often written about but the only one that caused it to have to be towed to a dealer was the steering column lock refusing to release. It was repaired years ago and has worked fine ever since. I've driven it a little on the track but recognize the limits of the engine oiling system (Butterfly wings oil pan lets oil slosh away from oil pickup). If/when I get more serious about tracking it will either replace oil pan or get an oil pressurizing system like a canton accusump.
As has been said already the car is relatively easy to work on and get parts for. The 2001 and later has a slightly better engine than the 1997-2000 If you like to play with shifting by yourself the c8 is paddleshift only and the c5-c7s have manual gearboxes with clutch available.
I've driven mine from florida to buffalo, from atlanta to new york city and lots of places in between and its been reliable for me.
I've driven a friend's c6 from atlanta to indianapolis and its also been relaible and fun to drive though it was an automatic. It's true the engine is more powerful but it's also more thirsty.

I drove an 04 Z06 for a few years and up to around 120k miles. Much of the switches, electronics, and powertrain is essentially the same as a Chevy pickup of the same vintage, with solid reliability and a few of the same gremlins. If I bought another it would be an 2003/04 Z06 or a 2003 anniversary coupe, mainly because I like the unique color combination.

build a car that can finish the 24 hours of Lemons, and I will be impressed .....

do they still take a vote at halftime for the least favorite driver / team, and run over their car with a bulldozer ?

Back
Top Bottom