• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Near collision with drunk driver just now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353470528.707963.jpg

Yay!!!! Finally made into a room lol

While living in Florida I had the same thing happen to me. My wife and I were on our way to visit her parents (her Dad was the Asst. Chief of Police in Umatilla Florida) and in front of us was a woman that was clearly to drunk to drive. I called my Father In-Law and let him know we were heading into town behind a drunk driver. I followed her all the way into town when the Umatilla Police Department picked up the chase. I then went on to her parents house. Later her Dad showed up and told me that the woman tried to out run the police. She ended up raping her car around a telephone pole and ended up in the hospital in critical condition. Thankfully she did not hurt anyone else. You did exactly what you needed to do at that time. At the point you needed to turn off to take care of your son took presidence over chasing the drunk. It's a shame that he ended up hitting someone. All to often he probably didn't even get a scratch. That's how it usually ends up, drunk comes out walking away from the wreck but the other person get's hurt. To bad car mounted machine guns are illegal.

I'm glad your son was not seriously injured.

I got a ticket for following a guy after 911 dispatch told me to, I thought wtf when they handed me a ticket. I had to go to court with a copy of the tape from the call to prove I was doing as told. We had a drunk guy run from the cops not too long ago around here, he hit someone then ran off the road and killed himself. Win for us.
I hope it was a rookie and his Sgt. straightened him out.

Im pretty sure several people were hurt. 2 cars hit head on like that.. Someone is bound to be bleeding. I hope it's the damn drunk

Not really. I had a guy head on me while eating his Mcdonalds a few years ago. Both vehicles traveling at 45 mph in opposite directions and he crossed the center line on a blind hill. I think my black eye was the worst injury. Air bags and seat belts worked properly as the did the crumple zones and all that crap.

I hope it was a rookie and his Sgt. straightened him out.

I'm not sure really, I went to court told the DA? I think?, what happened and that I got a copy of the tape. He rolled his eyes and said he would drop the charges, about a minute in front of the Judge and I was outta there.
Happy I didn't have to pay the fine, keeping my mouth shut, I got my **** and left. The ending was good enough for me. I never want a judge to remember me.

Back
Top Bottom