• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Near collision with drunk driver just now.

300AAC-hoghunter

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
161   0
Reaction score
I was on my way over to my mothers house to pick up my son who hurt his arm when this idiot infront of me swerved and slammed on his brakes. He then hit the gas as I slowed down. The driver couldn't pick a lane, sidewalk, or median to drive on. I called 911 while hitting my emergency lights and slowed down far behind him. Of coarse their were other idiots trying to pass me until they saw what was going on and also backed off. Duluth Hwy near riverside parkway is kinda curvy and I was on the phone with Gwinnett PD.. I had to turn off Duluth hwy while this driver drove on. The operator said that she was sending a squad car to check it out. I told her as I was hanging up to send an ambulance because this dude was gonna hurt himself or someone else real soon.

I turned off a side road to get to my moms house and picked up my son. Because of his arm, I was going to take him to urgent care and I would have to drive past the direction the drunk driver was heading. Immediately after turning back onto Duluth hwy heading towards sugarloaf parkway, I saw a massive amount of police cars. You can see the blue lights from a mile away.

The drunk driver had jumped his lane and crashed into another car in the opposite direction.

Told the operator she needed to call an ambulance.. At one point during this situation, we were both at a red light and I almost got out of my car to ask him to turn off his engine.. A little disappointed that I didn't

What would you have done?

Sounds like you did the right thing by keeping people back and calling 911. There isn't much else you can legally do. How is your sons arm by the way?

Good job alerting the fuzz, you probably helped the victims of the crash with faster EMT response tines. I was just cut off by someone presumably drunk as well. Not sure why else he'd want to share a lane side by side with an F150

wow. Sorry to hear about your son. Sounds like you had your hands full and did what you could. Getting out of the car would have been a bad idea. For all you know he could be drunk because he just shot his girlfriend and whole family with a mac 10. Best to let the police do their job... which you did. Hope your son gets better soon.

In that situation man, you really did all you could do without being in a police car right behind him. Good job for trying to stop him. Unfortunately sometimes the police just can't get there fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom