• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just cruising.

I have a newer truck. It has that Ford app thing on the display for maintenance reminders and such. I've been wondering for a while if there is a way to disconnect the truck from anything outside techwise and if they built in negative effects if that is done. OCM computer or something? I'm sure if there is a solution they have made it cost prohibitive for most. Would love to hear if anyone has done, or knows how, to do this.
It's all built in to the PCM now. You can try, but things wont work right. Even your radio in those cars gets an update from Ford every time one comes out. It also is tied in to your diagnostics that can be pulled when you take it in for service or when they need to update the software version of your engine/transmission. Onstar does the same thing.

Stay home, pet the dog and throw a steak on the grill.
I’m fighting the man my own way. Anyone tracking me will eventually die of boredom.
Pet your dog that no doubt has a MICROCHIP in it!! Just kidding...but in all seriousness, if the leftists had their way we'd all be microchipped and tracked every step.

So you're telling me all the times I've wiped my pecker off on curtains at airbnb's it could have been on video and they have my DNA???

Cool

Pet your dog that no doubt has a MICROCHIP in it!! Just kidding...but in all seriousness, if the leftists had their way we'd all be microchipped and tracked every step.
So my dogs actually are chipped :lol:

If they ever get lost without their collars and somebody finds them they can take them to any vet that has the technology and find the owner that way.

So my dogs actually are chipped :lol:

If they ever get lost without their collars and somebody finds them they can take them to any vet that has the technology and find the owner that way.
Absolutely. Mine too. In fact, I have a chip reader at home just in case we find a lost dog or we want to check if ours are still working. $10 on Amazon.

Just to clarify, I don’t think Airbnb is doing anything. People renting out their place might be putting in cameras and such, but I don’t think that has anything to do with Airbnb.

As far as vehicle monitoring goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more of it in the future. As people drive more fuel efficient vehicles, gas tax revenue is dropping. I have heard talk of taxing additionally based on mileage. I can imagine a monitor that basically reports and charges drivers based on vehicle usage.
State Farm started a program years ago where you place a tracker in your vehicle that sends your driving information/characteristics back for a "reduced rate". My wife signed her and my youngest son up, she said "do you want to signup for this as well, it reduces our insurance rates!", I said - NO! For the exact same reason that I don't have a dash cam, I don't want any record of of my driving! LOL. Honestly, anyone that thinks that they are not being recorder, tracked, monitored in today's society has been living under a rock. I have zero expectation of privacy, I always act accordingly, whether it be driving, in personal interactions or on any type of website/forum. Not necessarily a conspiracy guy but I truly believe that unless things change significantly, we are rapidly approaching a full police state.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom