• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nattokinase for lowering blood pressure

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
Nattokinase is an enzyme extracted from a fermented, Japanese soybean. It's shown some promise as a blood pressure and stroke reducer. Some early, lab-based evidence suggests it may interfere with the COVID19 spike protein's ability to bond to cells.

I take a very mild dose of Lisinopril/HCTZ for blood pressure. When taking the prescription, my BP is typically about 120/70. The indications for Nattokinase being a natural blood pressure reducer intrigued me, because it's not a controlled substance, so it would be far easier to stockpile for a grid-down scenario. Three days ago, I stopped the Lisinopril/HCTZ and started taking the Nattokinase. So far, so good. BP this morning was 117/72. I'm going to go for a week and see if this holds up.

Bonus: HCTZ is a water reducer. Makes you have to pee more (and more urgently). If the supplement achieves the same, lower BP goal, I may say "sayonara" to the Lisinopril/HCTZ altogether. That will be an interesting conversation during my next doc visit, but she can't really argue with a BP machine.

One more potential tool in the SHTF tool box.

Nattokinase is an enzyme extracted from a fermented, Japanese soybean. It's shown some promise as a blood pressure and stroke reducer. Some early, lab-based evidence suggests it may interfere with the COVID19 spike protein's ability to bond to cells.

I take a very mild dose of Lisinopril/HCTZ for blood pressure. When taking the prescription, my BP is typically about 120/70. The indications for Nattokinase being a natural blood pressure reducer intrigued me, because it's not a controlled substance, so it would be far easier to stockpile for a grid-down scenario. Three days ago, I stopped the Lisinopril/HCTZ and started taking the Nattokinase. So far, so good. BP this morning was 117/72. I'm going to go for a week and see if this holds up.

Bonus: HCTZ is a water reducer. Makes you have to pee more (and more urgently). If the supplement achieves the same, lower BP goal, I may say "sayonara" to the Lisinopril/HCTZ altogether. That will be an interesting conversation during my next doc visit, but she can't really argue with a BP machine.

One more potential tool in the SHTF tool box.
Good for you. I took the same BP med and still had higher than normal readings. I quit mine also

I'll take that bet.
Keep us posted.

Will do. She's actually rational and curious, so I'm not expecting a crazy conversation. Like most docs these days, she's an employee. She has a young family, so I don't expect her to tilt at windmills for me.

Lisinopril/HCTZ is off patent. I doubt anybody is making much money from it. In fact, it's probably cheaper than the Nattokinase. But the government has its paws on one and not the other. That difference is worth something to me.

Will do. She's actually rational and curious, so I'm not expecting a crazy conversation. Like most docs these days, she's an employee. She has a young family, so I don't expect her to tilt at windmills for me.

Lisinopril/HCTZ is off patent. I doubt anybody is making much money from it. In fact, it's probably cheaper than the Nattokinase. But the government has its paws on one and not the other. That difference is worth something to me.
I didn't mean that. I meant most doctors aren't real receptive to patients doctoring themselves. I'd be doing the exact same thing as you though. Thank God, at least as of today, I'm not on any prescribed medications. And never have been.

Lisinopril almost killed me a few years ago. Had walking pneumonia for a year.
I found out it was Brazilian snake venom. I don’t take it anymore.

About 11 days in, and BP has remained in roughly the same range as while on the prescription.

Coinciding with this, I've developed some mild swelling and pain on the back of my right hand and middle finger. Going to switch back to the prescription and see if there is any involvement between the change and the hand swelling. It's entirely possible the HCTZ in the prescription was reducing body fluid enough for that symptom to not manifest. Or, I may just be getting old and developing arthritis. Or I may have whacked my hand and not remember that I did.

Anyway, my take on this is, at a minimum: Nattokinase is a good SHTF stocking item for me. I can control my BP with it, without needing a prescription. That's a welcome tool for the toolbox.

Back
Top Bottom