• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MY Next New Pistol: Taurus GX4

Taurus seems to be doing some good work after the move to GA. Maybe they shed some dead-weight engineers when they relocated or something, but their recent introductions have been pretty good guns.

The 10-round+ 'micro-9' is something everybody is jumping into, and the features on this look pretty decent. I like that they chose to use standard Glock sights, since that gives people the widest selection of upgrade options.

The ergonomics look good too, and having different backstraps is a unique feature in that category. I don't know of any other 10-round+ micro-9 that has that.

You also have to love that it "goes to 11" (rounds in the flush-fit mag that is).

Yeah, The fact they are helping out the GA economy & bringing jobs to GA, lets cut them a little slack over that.

Engineering is a cheap resource for the Brazilians, which gives them an advantage when bringing product to market on unit price -- and from what I've seen [PT92, PT99, 66 .357] they have world-class systems available at somewhat of a discount...narrowing these days. Some of the other models look like they are skirting patents at the sacrifice of functionality, or putting something out there unproven just to target demand. If they were allowed to reverse engineer the G17 and then undercut glock - you'd see a mean pistol.

Yeah, The fact they are helping out the GA economy & bringing jobs to GA, lets cut them a little slack over that.

Engineering is a cheap resource for the Brazilians, which gives them an advantage when bringing product to market on unit price -- and from what I've seen [PT92, PT99, 66 .357] they have world-class systems available at somewhat of a discount...narrowing these days. Some of the other models look like they are skirting patents at the sacrifice of functionality, or putting something out there unproven just to target demand. If they were allowed to reverse engineer the G17 and then undercut glock - you'd see a mean pistol.

I do wonder about the patent angle on these.

The Hellcat magazine looks almost like the SIG mag, and SIG is suing them now.

The Taurus looks a lot more like the Ruger mag, which is a different geometry than the SIG/Springfield... I wonder if Taurus will find a lawyer's letter from Ruger on their door, or if that's an 'open source' design being used by both?

I have purchased 5 Tarsus pistols in my life.

4 of the 5 were duds.
Maybe as something to play with, but I won't take a chance on a Taurus if my life depends on it.

I had one Taurus several years back. I really liked it in the beginning. It started having a feeding issue and I sent it back to Taurus four times. Tarus finally semt me the newest model of my gun for a replacement. I sold that gun without ever shooting it and Then I got into PERFECTION and Ruger For Life!!!

Years ago I bought 3 Taurus because of price. All 3 had to be sent back and the last had be sent back 3 times. Taurus replaced it with a newer model that I turned around and traded for a Glock. Glocks may be ugly but I never had to send one back

Resized_20210529_113344(2).jpeg
here is one of em.

Back
Top Bottom