• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My instincts tell me I bombed my interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many companies use standard "behavioral based interview" questions to CYA. They are designed to get you to talk and specifically eliminate yes/no answers. Do internet search on behavioral based interview questions before an interview so you have your thoughts in order in advance.

I like to answer their generic questions and steer it back and tie it into my knowledge of their company and p&p. A lot of these folks in higher positions know very little, but what their woke professors taught them. Others simply go through the motions and ask questions to see how you would get along with the team. I trained my wife to interview as I myself have interviewed for dozens and dozens of management jobs in my younger days. I taught her to highlight her strengths and make a statement. She focused on the fact that she had come to America (the RIGHT way) just 15 yrs ago and learned English Upon arrival. She had become a superior pianist, high school graduate, college graduate, and certified pharmacy technician in this time as well. That blew them away. But I taught her to answer their questions but always steer it back around quickly and use it to highlight yourself and things you've accomplished. That way their questions are answered, but you convey what you intend to convey in order to stand out and land the position. And as for the already knew who they wanted to hire I read in the Comments... that may be the case, but if you wow them enough they will still hire you or find another position for you in some cases. Being personable and likable is the most important now days over being qualified or talented......

I got the job! Human Resources called yesterday and made a formal offer.
THANK YOU JESUS!!!
I think you are being delusional, we’ve spent a lot of time explaining why you aren’t getting the job and the ODT brain trust is never wrong.
congratulations. I hope it is all you expect it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom