• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My instincts tell me I bombed my interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is truth.
There was a job I wanted, that I had always wanted.
Did the applications, went through the initial interviews and finally to the hiring director.
Very nice, looked over my stuff and said "You have every qualification we're looking for except for two, you're not black and you're not a woman and I can't hire you."
Thanked him walked out and never again even bothered with anything associated with gov.
The hiring director was honest with you. Very rare in govt......

Did you make a funny face at the baby.....

at-and-t-fiber-sisters-300-mbps-for-35-per-month-large-4.jpg

That was for you to talk about your qualifications and expand on your resume.
I ask the same question. I very seldom go to resume, unless I need to clarify something or I need to ask a technical question.
Look for openings and a chance to sell your experience.

Good point. It was a very technical position(the IT field), so I hate those open ended generic questions. Almost like the where do you see yourself in 5 years question. But yeah I guess I should have used that more as an opening to go over my qualifications.

That is really all that matters to employers now. Credentials and experience arre a secondary in this "woke" world. I work with some max level dip****s that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground that stay employed based solely on their interpersonal skills.

Good luck with your search

That is really all that matters to employers now. Credentials and experience arre a secondary in this "woke" world. I work with some max level dip****s that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground that stay employed based solely on their interpersonal skills.

Good luck with your search
IIRC, the OP said this was for a position with Savannah City government. In this regard, the makeup of the workforce is very likely entirely because of who-you-know and what-you-are in terms of being 'woke.'

This is truth.
There was a job I wanted, that I had always wanted.
Did the applications, went through the initial interviews and finally to the hiring director.
Very nice, looked over my stuff and said "You have every qualification we're looking for except for two, you're not black and you're not a woman and I can't hire you."
Thanked him walked out and never again even bothered with anything associated with gov.
That just reminded me….
my wife was a school teacher, went on an interview, the principal doing the interviewing told her, I don’t know why they sent you to me, I was told I have to hire a black woman.
So they just sat and shot the **** for 30 minutes. He was very disappointed that he couldn’t hire her.

I haven't been to a job interview since 2004, when I was told I had Kidney and stomach Cancer, but my son had 2 job interviews last week got hired for both and picked one my wife and I wanted him to get. The most important thing both the interviews wanted to know about my son was about his steady employment and On line posts.

Interviewing in the modern world, hiring managers are strongly advised NOT to ask questions about actual job duty qualification. Instead they are handed a pool of pre-approved questions and asked to pick their questions from that pool. This all happened somewhat recently but was a hard and abrupt shift, especially with governmental entities and "woke" culture companies.

Intent seems to be move away from asking about actual experience and ability to do the job in question because that would be racist (aka not inclusive, not equitable). Sorry bud, I coulda handed you the pool of questions they were likely to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom