• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My instincts tell me I bombed my interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a former ****ty of Savannah employee for over 13 years, I’m very sorry to hear that you may miss out on working for the great Mayor Van Johnson. And you’ll have never have the privilege of being employed by the dirties that call themself the ****ty council. You may never get to know the dirty internal politics of scratch my back or I’ll set you up for prison time.

I’m by no means saying all the city employees are dirt bags. By no means and usually the opposite. However, very little of the “leadership” is on the up and up. And if they are, they don’t go very high and typically don’t last long.

As many have said, I would guarantee with most certainty that the position was filled before it was posted. Literally lost track of how many times I’ve seen that happen.

I do wish you luck on finding your dream job sir. Just be thankful for some Devine intervention

A lot of times it is who you know and what you know.
It is not the grades you make but the hand that you shake.
Or....
Screenshot_20211014-164358.jpg

Absolutely this, and use it to your advantage to call out the importance of what they missed in the interview.
I can see sending a TY note in most cases.
Long as it's typed or handwritten instead of words or letters cut out
of a magazine and pasted on paper like a ransom note.
If a call back is desired, I'd skip the critique on their interview skills.
One time I tried to share a few ideas with management on ways to
improve our department's efficiency. Simple stuff, wouldn't have cost
any more than way it was done at the time.
His response was "well thanks for coming in here to tell me how to
run my bidniss!" Not sure if he just took it the wrong way or whether
I should have practiced my presentation a little more.
Q1. What’s your biggest area for improvement?
Q2. How would you handle a disagreement with a peer or a boss?
A1. My take home pay.
A2. Peer? Like a co-worker? I'd trash their time card.
A boss? Bring 'em donuts as a peace offering. Then
take notice if he/she enjoys them with their coffee or
sends them to state crime lab for analysis.

Have you considered they already knew who they were going to hire and interviewing you was a formality? I’m not saying that’s definitely the case but in my experience government hiring is not competitive. Don’t beat yourself up too much.

They have to advertise the job by law. Likely already know who their going to pick and promote from inside.

Although it may not pay well at first, it is always best to work at what you love rather than walk around in a state of confusion looking for your next meal.

Didn't read all pages, but it is best to never tell the interviewer what they are doing wrong directly or how to fix the problems.

You have to convince them you are aware of "issues" and tease them with what you can do to help fix them. If you spill the beans at the interview, they have no need to hire you.

Have you considered they already knew who they were going to hire and interviewing you was a formality? I’m not saying that’s definitely the case but in my experience government hiring is not competitive. Don’t beat yourself up too much.
Not to beat a dead horse, but this. With all due respect, this interview was probably a formality to say they interviewed X amount of people to find the 1 they want. But, they already know who they are hiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom