• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first try at a Get Home Bag

I'm starting to put together a GHB for my wife to keep in her car. I estimate it will end up being about 15 lbs. What are you guys using for the actual bag? She told me she had one, then produced a Barbie-pink book bag. I had to explain to her the benefits of being discrete.

I'm looking for comfort and durability.

Dependant on your budget you can go two routes.
#1 Civilian Backpack (I like osprey and REI bags for the suspension and ease of carrying)
#2 Military: These are great bag systems but draw attention....if your carrying a maxpedition bag chances are your carrying a gun (Criminals know that).

Here is some good places to look.

www.countycomm.com these are good military bags

www.geartrade.com consignment shop for used outdoor gear.

PM me if you have any further questions.

oh and:

a ham radio license

and a 2m HT- local repeaters are backed up by generator, and you can xmit on gmrs, frs, wx, uhf/vhf, etc. and monitor them all, plus broadcast fm with awesome battery life.

ya. its lighter than alot of frs radios, alot of cell phones, has crazy capabilities, its cheap, and the battery last for DAYS

http://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-136-174-400-480-Dual-Band/dp/B007H4VT7A

$38 delivered. why arent you?

I carry something similiar but never knew they made Ham radios so small....I thought you had a base station that you were carrying around.

I may have to invest in something like this though....I like the idea of having a ham within the team since we already have them at our retreat.

i have family that will be monitoring 2m. we have selected repeaters we normally listen to. we designated a simplex freq. its cheap, its easy, its fun.

besides, if you broke into a 2m repeater saying "stand by for emergency traffic...." you would have probably 20+ individuals who would be willing to help. at least you would have good info

- - - Updated - - -

I carry something similiar but never knew they made Ham radios so small....I thought you had a base station that you were carrying around.

I may have to invest in something like this though....I like the idea of having a ham within the team since we already have them at our retreat.

you cant beat them for the $. they are awesome. if you come near roswell ill program it for free for you too.

i have family that will be monitoring 2m. we have selected repeaters we normally listen to. we designated a simplex freq. its cheap, its easy, its fun.

besides, if you broke into a 2m repeater saying "stand by for emergency traffic...." you would have probably 20+ individuals who would be willing to help. at least you would have good info

- - - Updated - - -

you cant beat them for the $. they are awesome. if you come near roswell ill program it for free for you too.

Hmm I may have a road trip and a few expenses in my foreseable future.

Back
Top Bottom