• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first try at a Get Home Bag

I agree Manuvering with any sort of pack is a skill you don't want to learn on the fly. Your bugout plans seems somewhat linear which is very thought out. Our locations are not. We will have to discuss that among our group because our tertiary location isn't going to be something we could get to on foot from the secondary location. We may have to discuss a plan 3A lol in case foot travel is our only mode. The good thing about your tertiary location is that prepositioning a lot of gear may not be absolutely necessary because you can grab and go from the second location as you go hopefully.

I agree to all of that. Always makes me laugh to see people wanting to carry 400+ rnds three weapons and a 80lb ruck.

"Failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine"

I love that quote. Oh I'll be honest I'll want to bring a kitchen sink with me, but unfortunately that's not the nature of bugging out. That's why caches and pre positioning gear is so important. And it's so under utilized by preppers. That's why I hate it when we got people that have a 80lb backpack filled with walmart specials. They are understanding the concept they just lack the proper mindset.

Well here is the year late weekend update.

SAM_0147.jpgSAM_0149.jpgSAM_0150.jpgSAM_0151.jpgSAM_0153.jpgSAM_0155.jpgSAM_0156.jpgSAM_0157.jpgSAM_0158.jpgSAM_0159.jpg

Contents list:

FIRST AID:

16 LARGE ADHESIVE BANDAGE
4 NON ADHEARNT PAD (2X3)
2 LARGE GAUZE (3X3)
1 MEDIUM GAUZE (2X2)
2 NUCKLE BANDAGE
12 VARIOUS ADHESIVE BANDAGES
1 MEDICAL GRADE SUPER GLUE
1 SINGLE USE SURFACE PREP TUBE
6 PACKETS CHLORASCRUB
4 MOIST TOWLETTE
1 ROLLS BANDAGE TAPE
2 PACKETS TRIPE ANTIBIOTIC
2 PACKETS BURN CREAM
2 15ML SALINE SHOOTER
2 15ML SHURCLEAN SHOOTER
1 EYE WASH CUP
1 COMPACT ROLL, TOILET TISSUE
1 S&W EMERGENCY FLASHLIGHT (100LMNS)
1 LED LENSER COMPACT MINI LIGHT
1 SNAKE BITE KIT
1 TK4 COMBAT TOURNIQUET
2 TUBES OCTYSEAL
2 SINGLE USE WOUND ADHESIVE
10 200MG IBUPROFEN
10 500MG ACETAMINOPHEN
1 ALKA-SELTZER COLD
2 ALKA-SELTZER STANDARD
2 HALLS COUGH DROPS
1 PACK DENTAL FLOSS
2 HALLS COUGH DROPS
12 25MG DIPHENHYDRAMINE
16 200MG CAFFEINE
2 .6ML IODINE
2 AMONIA INHALANT
6 LATEX FREE GLOVES
1 JOHNSON & JOHNSON FIRST AID CONTAINER

OUTSIDE WEBBING & POUCH:

1 GERBER MULTI-TOOL
2 7RND MAGAZINES
1 EMT SCISSORS
1 S&W HAND CUFF KEY
1 TIMBERLINE +B NECK ANGEL KNIFE
4 MAXPEDITION GRIMLOCS

MAIN COMPARTMENT:

1 16OZ COLLAPSIBLE WATER BOTTLE
1 DYNAMO QUIK LOCK PIC
2 CHEMLIGHTS
50 RNDS OF 9MM JHP
2 VINYL EMERGENCY PONCHO
2 EMERGENCY BLANKETS
1 REPEL 100 DEET 10HR BUG SPRAY
1 SET COLEMAN WATER PURIFICATION TABLETS
25FT PARACORD W/ EXTRA KEY RING
20 VERIOUS SIZED ZIP TIES
1 MEDIUM CARABINER
1 PACK CAMP SOAP
1 7x24 MONOCULAR
3 MARATHON BARS
1 LIQUID FILLED COMPASS
1 PACKAGE WATER PROOF MATCHES
1 MINI BIC LIGHTER
5 RAZOR BLADES
2 LACE LOCKS
1 PACK SHOE LACES
1 LARGE RUBBER BAND
1 COMPASS
1 ECCO GPS LOCATER
4 AAA BATTERIES
1 COMPACT SEWING KIT
1 BAG STRAP
1 ROLL DUCT TAPE
1 SMALL DOG TAG CHAIN
1 PLANO ORGANIZER BOX

EDC:
1 KHAR CM9, FEDERAL HYDROSHOK
1 KHAR 8RND MAGAZINE
1 CRKT IGNITIOR T
1 STREAMLIGHT MICROSTREAM
1 ANDROID PHONE
HOUSE/CAR KEYS

TO DO:
PORTABLE SHELTER
LED HEADLIGHT
LOPERAMIDE
NAPROXIN
PEPPER SPRAY
SOLAR USB CHARGER
SOME SORT OF MAP (PAPER & ANDROID BACKUP)

I changed my daily carry to a CM9 opposed to the LCR I started out for ammo capacity reasons, and another neat gadget I wanted to point out was the Ecco GPS locater. It stores a few GPS cords in its memory. turn it on, and it points the direction you need to be going and shows your distance from it too. battery last for damn ever and i pull it out once a week to refresh the battery. it also is a digital compass, and tells you your altitude.

Any questions or constructive criticism, post on up.

-Carlo

Last edited:
Well here is the year late weekend update.

View attachment 189219View attachment 189220View attachment 189221View attachment 189222View attachment 189224View attachment 189226View attachment 189227View attachment 189228View attachment 189229View attachment 189230

Contents list:

FIRST AID:

16 LARGE ADHESIVE BANDAGE
4 NON ADHEARNT PAD (2X3)
2 LARGE GAUZE (3X3)
1 MEDIUM GAUZE (2X2)
2 NUCKLE BANDAGE
12 VARIOUS ADHESIVE BANDAGES
1 MEDICAL GRADE SUPER GLUE
1 SINGLE USE SURFACE PREP TUBE
6 PACKETS CHLORASCRUB
4 MOIST TOWLETTE
1 ROLLS BANDAGE TAPE
2 PACKETS TRIPE ANTIBIOTIC
2 PACKETS BURN CREAM
2 15ML SALINE SHOOTER
2 15ML SHURCLEAN SHOOTER
1 EYE WASH CUP
1 COMPACT ROLL, TOILET TISSUE
1 S&W EMERGENCY FLASHLIGHT (100LMNS)
1 LED LENSER COMPACT MINI LIGHT
1 SNAKE BITE KIT
1 TK4 COMBAT TOURNIQUET
2 TUBES OCTYSEAL
2 SINGLE USE WOUND ADHESIVE
10 200MG IBUPROFEN
10 500MG ACETAMINOPHEN
1 ALKA-SELTZER COLD
2 ALKA-SELTZER STANDARD
2 HALLS COUGH DROPS
1 PACK DENTAL FLOSS
2 HALLS COUGH DROPS
12 25MG DIPHENHYDRAMINE
16 200MG CAFFEINE
2 .6ML IODINE
2 AMONIA INHALANT
6 LATEX FREE GLOVES
1 JOHNSON & JOHNSON FIRST AID CONTAINER

OUTSIDE WEBBING & POUCH:

1 GERBER MULTI-TOOL
2 7RND MAGAZINES
1 EMT SCISSORS
1 S&W HAND CUFF KEY
1 FIXED BLADE KNIFE
4 MAXPEDITION GRIMLOCS

MAIN COMPARTMENT:

1 16OZ COLLAPSIBLE WATER BOTTLE
1 DYNAMO QUIK LOCK PIC
2 CHEMLIGHTS
50 RNDS OF 9MM JHP
2 VINYL EMERGENCY PONCHO
2 EMERGENCY BLANKETS
1 REPEL 100 DEET 10HR BUG SPRAY
1 SET COLEMAN WATER PURIFICATION TABLETS
25FT PARACORD W/ EXTRA KEY RING
20 VERIOUS SIZED ZIP TIES
1 MEDIUM CARABINER
1 PACK CAMP SOAP
1 7x24 MONOCULAR
3 MARATHON BARS
1 LIQUID FILLED COMPASS
1 PACKAGE WATER PROOF MATCHES
1 MINI BIC LIGHTER
5 RAZOR BLADES
2 LACE LOCKS
1 PACK SHOE LACES
1 LARGE RUBBER BAND
1 COMPASS
1 ECCO GPS LOCATER
4 AAA BATTERIES
1 COMPACT SEWING KIT
1 BAG STRAP
1 ROLL DUCT TAPE
1 SMALL DOG TAG CHAIN
1 PLANO ORGANIZER BOX

EDC:
1 KHAR CM9, FEDERAL HYDROSHOK
1 KHAR 8RND MAGAZINE
1 CRKT IGNITIOR T
1 STREAMLIGHT MICROSTREAM
1 ANDROID PHONE
HOUSE/CAR KEYS

TO DO:
PORTABLE SHELTER
LED HEADLIGHT
LOPERAMIDE
NAPROXIN
PEPPER SPRAY
SOLAR USB CHARGER
SOME SORT OF MAP (PAPER & ANDROID BACKUP)

I changed my daily carry to a CM9 opposed to the LCR I started out for ammo capacity reasons, and another neat gadget I wanted to point out was the Ecco GPS locater. It stores a few GPS cords in its memory. turn it on, and it points the direction you need to be going and shows your distance from it too. battery last for damn ever and i pull it out once a week to refresh the battery. it also is a digital compass, and tells you your altitude.

Any questions or constructive criticism, post on up.

-Carlo

I like the idea of keeping a Cuff Key under your name strap COOL IDEA!!!! Also like that model of lock pick you have, I found a pair of folding bolt cutters off ebay (Northern Tool Has some as well I believe) but that might be a nice addition to further your kit.

The last thing I would add is a wireless tool box alarm (you can rig these to provide rear security on a BO).

Like, better than the ones i have? I have 2 ozark trail clear rain poncho's in the kit. I have 1 6rnd speed strip i keep in my pocket and yeah, my revo is a 5 shot, but i havent found a 5 shot strip unless i modify the one i got, or just omit one round for daily carry.

-Carlo

Why not keep it- you never know

You definitely added some cool stuff and your bag can carry you very far now. A very good job.

Thanks man! If anything, just thinking about ways to improve this thing helps pass time on the slow days at work.

I like the idea of keeping a Cuff Key under your name strap COOL IDEA!!!! Also like that model of lock pick you have, I found a pair of folding bolt cutters off ebay (Northern Tool Has some as well I believe) but that might be a nice addition to further your kit.

The last thing I would add is a wireless tool box alarm (you can rig these to provide rear security on a BO).

Thanks! i was trying to find a way to hold the key while having quick access to it, w/o it being out in the open. I get asked "why do you even have one, you plan on running from the cops?" and I like to remind people that cops are not the only people with handcuffs. Bad people get them too.

Ive gotten pretty good with that lock pic too, ive had it for about 10yrs. If you watch the modern "Gone in 60 seconds", its the same lock pic Nicolas Cage uses to steal Elenor...cept his was red.

Ima hit ebay for those bolt cutters and alarm, sounds like good ideas defiantly.

Why not keep it- you never know

Ive since changed to a Khar CM9 as my daily now, so I dont have the LCR anymore.

-Carlo

Carlo Nice Job Man strong work.

Now to confirm this is your get home bag correct?
Some things I would add
-Earth Toned color shirt....if you have to ditch work in a bright yellow polo shirt that may not be the best option.
-Change of socks...I am assuming you keep boots in your vehicle or wear boots daily?
- Small set of bino's or a Mono.....you don't want to be "bee-bopping" along and stumble upon un-friendly forces.
-Map (I see a compass but can't tell what kind it its....like animals not all compasses are created equal)
- Tourniqet? I don't see one but you have plenty of molle to rubber band one too
- I see one "Floppy Flask" but they are prone to leakes especially when you need them to work....may be a good idea to get a nalgene and pouch as a primary water container.
- Latex Gloves (I didn't see any on the check list)
-Contractor trash bags.....these things are my third favorite to duct tape, and 550 cord.

How far away do you work from home? How far will this bag sustain your needs? Do you have a means to secure this bag to your waist to keep it from slinging back and forth like a mail pouch?

Back
Top Bottom