• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first SBR build.

Ddles, nothing fancy hear otherwise. Still waiting on a 7" kmr rail to finish it off.
1420167776811-904793440.jpg

O your def going to do this. I still do it. Build what you think you want then you'll see the new shiney. Its a terrible disease, often referred to as black rifle diseas
Blowing a bunch of money because I want something else and wasting money because I built the wrong gun are two totally different things. Trust me, I know about the disease. I hear that the first step is admitting that you have a problem...

So I form 1 the lower and while I'm waiting I can acquire the rest of the parts, I just can't assemble it until it's approved?

You can assemble one or the other. You just can't have both the upper and lower fully assembled and ready to pop together.

Another Colt lower option to the QC10, is the GPI 9mm dedicated lower. Also if you are going to run a suppressor, plan on adding a heaving buffer like the JP Silent Capture Spring or a 9Q-T Heavy Buffer.

Below is a 9mm build I recently put together for my wife.

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_9mmSBR_zps6d1dd365.jpg

Specs:
Tirant 9
5" Adco barrel
Quentin Defense slickside upper
9mm GPI lower
JP 9mm bolt
JP silent Captured Spring
ALG ACT trigger
Odin Work 9.5" keymod handguard

Not to start a war with batoncolle, but a $30 to $40 9mm buffer like one made by YHM, Spikes, or RRA will do. You don't have to spend over $100 unless you just have to have it. My RRA buffer has worked very well.

Out of stock here but this is typical pricing:
http://www.jsesurplus.com/yhm9mmbufferplugassembly.aspx

No war :D. Those buffers will do, but I put the JP in this most recent build, and it is outstanding. It reduces felt recoil considerably, and the SCS is much quieter than a regular buffer - nice when you are running a can.

Either way though you definitely need a 9mm specific buffer to decrease the wear and tear on parts.

You can assemble one or the other. You just can't have both the upper and lower fully assembled and ready to pop together.
What about multiples. Since the lower is what's registered, is there anything to prevent you from having multiple uppers for one lower?

Another Colt lower option to the QC10, is the GPI 9mm dedicated lower. Also if you are going to run a suppressor, plan on adding a heaving buffer like the JP Silent Capture Spring or a 9Q-T Heavy Buffer.

Below is a 9mm build I recently put together for my wife.

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_9mmSBR_zps6d1dd365.jpg

Specs:
Tirant 9
5" Adco barrel
Quentin Defense slickside upper
9mm GPI lower
JP 9mm bolt
JP silent Captured Spring
ALG ACT trigger
Odin Work 9.5" keymod handguard
Yes, I do plan on running a suppressor. That's one sharp looking rig there. That's kinda what I'm going for.

What about multiples. Since the lower is what's registered, is there anything to prevent you from having multiple uppers for one lower?

Yes, I do plan on running a suppressor. That's one sharp looking rig there. That's kinda what I'm going for.

As many uppers as you want and in any size/caliber you want. And thank you.

Back
Top Bottom