• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My biggest fish

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
Hey y'all. What's the biggest fish you've caught?

This one's mine. 56 pound flathead at my parents house out of the farm pond when I was in college.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 63
WHAT A FISH! Farm pond? That must be a huge pond to provide enough food for a fish to grow that big.

It wasn't a big pond at all, but there were always lots of sunfish and leopard frogs in it. The pond was maybe 150 yards long and 100 yards wide.

Rocking the cut T, sweet. :cool:

About a 120# Marlin out of Cabo... no pic. :grey: There's a LARGE gap between that and my next biggest fish which I'm not even sure what it would be. Probably about a 34" trout (spec) in Florida.

That was my summer uniform. lol

Mine was about a 10 foot bull shark. Didn't weigh it though...just cut the line and let it go.

Biggest landed fish that ended up in my belly...Grouper but I don't remember the weight. Pretty decent size. I barely felt it hit the bait but it was like pulling a Volkswagon up off the bottom of the ocean once I set the hook and started reeling.

My biggest fresh water fish was a 23 pound striper (ultra light with 6 pound test) took over an hour to wear it down and I'm pretty sure I stepped in every seat of the boat at least a half dozen times. caught at knox bridge - Allatoona... middle of April when they are spawning in the sandy shoals...1988ish?

That was my summer uniform. lol

My biggest:
Catfish: 31lbs (blue)
Striper: 31lbs

My Wife:
Catfish: 35lbs (blue)
Striper: 36 lbs

I just can't freakin' win.

But I have had several bigger catfish break off. I never got a look at those break-off fish so I estimate they were well over 400 lbs. :rolleyes:

lol, you guys that fish saltwater have an edge here for sure. I couldn't imaging hauling in some of those monsters.

Back
Top Bottom