• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My 8 year old wants a new deer rifle for Christmas

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
After tagging his first buck last week he changed his mind from wanting a motorcycle to another deer rifle. He really likes his CVA in .243 but he wants a fancy smancy deal like mine..LOL…My Dad gave me my BAR in .270 when I was 14, so it’s my turn to pay it forward. I’ve been looking for either a Browning X Bolt or Model 70 featherweight…Yesterday I lucked into this Browning X Bolt Hunter with youth stock in 6.5cm at Gable’s in Douglasville. I figured 6.5cm or 7mm08 will be excellent for him, and 6.5cm was the one I found, in the exact model I wanted. I am looking forward to his reaction when I present him with this X Bolt! It is a very nice blaster. The bolt is so smooth…I’m going to throw a Leupold on this dude and we will be ready! A lifetime of stories will be told with this thing!

Merry Christmas!

DE89F8B7-9243-4E4C-8377-A44C1034EADF.jpeg

Congratulations on your son shooting his first deer..
but.
That’s to much gun for 8yo boy Christmas present
And then add a Leupold scope on a X-bolt Browning 6.5CM?
For an 8 year old boy Christmas present?
What is he a 2nd grader now? 8years old..Some parents crazy.

After tagging his first buck last week he changed his mind from wanting a motorcycle to another deer rifle. He really likes his CVA in .243 but he wants a fancy smancy deal like mine..LOL…My Dad gave me my BAR in .270 when I was 14, so it’s my turn to pay it forward. I’ve been looking for either a Browning X Bolt or Model 70 featherweight…Yesterday I lucked into this Browning X Bolt Hunter with youth stock in 6.5cm at Gable’s in Douglasville. I figured 6.5cm or 7mm08 will be excellent for him, and 6.5cm was the one I found, in the exact model I wanted. I am looking forward to his reaction when I present him with this X Bolt! It is a very nice blaster. The bolt is so smooth…I’m going to throw a Leupold on this dude and we will be ready! A lifetime of stories will be told with this thing!

Merry Christmas!

View attachment 5068783
Very nice rifle. I know he is going to go crazy when he sees that. Good job.

Congratulations on your son shooting his first deer..
but.
That’s to much gun for 8yo boy Christmas present
And then add a Leupold scope on a X-bolt Browning 6.5CM?
For an 8 year old boy Christmas present?
What is he a 2nd grader now? 8years old..3rd grade?..Some parents crazy.
Some parents raise their kids right. 😉

Quit being a Fun-sucker. Be happy for them both. The kid will be fine and will be able to hunt with that the rest of his life and pass it down to his kid.

I am free to have my own opinion, I congratulated him on his sons deer.

I don’t think gifting 2nd graders a high-powered X-bolt Leupold $1500 deer rifle is the best thing to do.
Keep him in the little 243 another year or two. My opinion.
As The OP stated he was a teenager when he got his rifle, big difference from an 8-year-old

But. Congratulations and. Merry Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom