Must haves for a Big Green Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

wade4auburn

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
15   0
Reaction score
So, I've decided to place an order for a large BGE and I want ODTers' opinion on what are "must have" accessories starting out. I've already decided to get a plate setter... What else should I look into? Electic starter, cast iron griddle, dual thermometer? Also, anyone on here make tables for an egg at a good price?

The table is essential whether you build or buy. The "rib racks" for ribs, chicken and pork butts. I don't have the green egg guru but have heard great things if you ever do a really long cook like for brisket. Love my egg!!

Plate setter, check. Cast iron grate, check. Rib rack, check. Pizza Stone, check. Grate grabbing tool, check. Plenty of Royal Oak lump charcoal, same as green egg brand at about half the price.

i'd get a kamodo joe grill. same thing as the bge, and you get all the accessories without having to pay for them separately like the bge. I think the seal on the kamodo is better as well.

I found a vision kamado for $399 for the large at bargain hunt in Kennesaw. Its a little bigger than the egg large. VERY nice grill. All of my friends have eggs, and I can honestly say that the vision is made just as well. Some of the kamados on the market are cheap knock offs, but this thing is a beast. Accessories are about 1/2 the price as eggs. $49 for the plate setter.

Plate setter, check. Cast iron grate, check. Rib rack, check. Pizza Stone, check. Grate grabbing tool, check. Plenty of Royal Oak lump charcoal, same as green egg brand at about half the price.
Barton72 Checklist, Check! WDE!!

i'd get a kamodo joe grill. same thing as the bge, and you get all the accessories without having to pay for them separately like the bge. I think the seal on the kamodo is better as well.
Well, I get 25% off dealer cost on a BGE so... yeah

Just my opinion but don't get the royal oak lump charcoal. I tried one bag of it. Hated it. Doesn't have big pieces like the BGE kind. Doesnt relight as good. By the way, I wih I had bought a BGE 15 years ago. These things r great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom