• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Must haves for a Big Green Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't bought your big green egg yet, go or call Mike at mountain crafts in warm springs. Best deal on a big green egg. Must have items. Cast iron grate, plate setter, electric charcoal starter x2, grill gripper, ash rake, either nest and shelves or he makes a really nice cypress table for a great price. This guy has the best prices hands down. I have picked up 9 for other people kind of cheap.

Barton72 Checklist, Check! WDE!!
WDE!
Just my opinion but don't get the royal oak lump charcoal. I tried one bag of it. Hated it. Doesn't have big pieces like the BGE kind. Doesnt relight as good. By the way, I wih I had bought a BGE 15 years ago. These things r great!

It's made at the exact same place by the exact same company and put in different bags.

For your electric lighter, I would HIGHLY recommend you get a LooftLighter... available online for about $70.00, I know it's not cheap, but it is COMPLETELY worth it. Watch the video...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my opinion but don't get the royal oak lump charcoal. I tried one bag of it. Hated it. Doesn't have big pieces like the BGE kind. Doesnt relight as good. By the way, I wih I had bought a BGE 15 years ago. These things r great!

BJ's actually has very good charcoal for around $25 for a 50lb bag. Can get the name when I get home if you want.

Might be but it still doesn't impress me. Bunch of smaller pieces in the Royal Oak. I use either BGE or Wicked Good but Wicked Goods name has changed and I can't think of the new name right now.
I've never bought the BGE branded coal. Just can't see paying twice the price for the same product. I'd have to look in a bag to have something to compare the two. Every time I buy a bag of Royal Oak it has plenty of huge chunks that I literally have to break in half to fit in the egg. Usually can't pour it out of the bag because it gets clogged with larger pieces. Would be curious to see two new ones opened side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom