• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MOTORCYCLE riding tips

DO NOT neglect the maintenance on your scooter. Your life depends on everything on your scooter to work the way it was intended too.

Edited to add : if you can't do the work on it, find someone reputable that can.

Don't hit your front brakes hard when turning, slow down before the turn then maintain speed or roll on the gas going through the turn. Hitting the front brakes when turning causes the front end to dive and can make you low side.
Oh now you tell me! In my first 6 months I braked hard in a turn and hit gravel. My helmet hit pavement so hard like getting hit with a full power baseball bat. So so glad I had bike pants on too. Right hip had a bruise for 2 weeks.
I see so many cars on their phone and wandering across the yellow line. Makes you want a bazooka.

If in a curve,doesnt seem like your gonna make it,apply pressure to whichever ,right curve push on right ,you guys ever had to do this?

I can honestly say I've never thought about how my bike turns or leans, it just does. No input from me, it all just seems to happen. From upright to dragging a knee back up and over to the other side all without thought.
I've been on a bike since I was 11 and started racing at 12 and that was a very long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom