• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MOTORCYCLE riding tips

And and this was the topic of a thread I started last year...when riding up on a three patch club..respect the colors and hang back or go another route!

Back around 2006 or 7, my wife and I were on our 1988 FLHS Electra Glide coming home from her hometown of Madison Wisconsin. We pulled into a rest area in Mt. Vernon Illinois and while we were sitting on picnic table, a guy walks up to me and asks if I have a light. I gave him a spare lighter I had in my saddle bags. He had the Outlaws 3 patch colors on his vest and a patch on the front that said "Enforcer" He was nice as he could be. A few minutes later 10 or 12 more came over from the vending building.

To make a long story short, they were headed back to Daytona and offered to let us ride along, we just had to stay 50' back. I stayed more like 75' just to play it safe. We rode with them until Nashville. They pulled off to gas up just North of Nashville and said we were going to stop in Nashville and we were welcome. But we went on. We wanted to get home.

Back around 2006 or 7, my wife and I were on our 1988 FLHS Electra Glide coming home from her hometown of Madison Wisconsin. We pulled into a rest area in Mt. Vernon Illinois and while we were sitting on picnic table, a guy walks up to me and asks if I have a light. I gave him a spare lighter I had in my saddle bags. He had the Outlaws 3 patch colors on his vest and a patch on the front that said "Enforcer" He was nice as he could be. A few minutes later 10 or 12 more came over from the vending building.

To make a long story short, they were headed back to Daytona and offered to let us ride along, we just had to stay 50' back. I stayed more like 75' just to play it safe. We rode with them until Nashville. They pulled off to gas up just North of Nashville and said we were going to stop in Nashville and we were welcome. But we went on. We wanted to get home.
that was cool and little uneasy at the same time i bet,but when invited its respectful to do so..had a friend/employee come back from daytona came up on a patch group and he tryed to pass them,he was denied passage(honda rider) he was lucky to not end up in a ditch knifed up!

that was cool and little uneasy at the same time i bet,but when invited its respectful to do so..had a friend/employee come back from daytona came up on a patch group and he tryed to pass them,he was denied passage(honda rider) he was lucky to not end up in a ditch knifed up!

Yeah. It was cool and uneasy at the same time. I was glad to be in the rear. When they invited us to join them in Nashville I thanked them and respectfully declined telling them we needed to get home. Told them I had to work the next day which just happened to be Monday. Actually didn't have to be back until the next Monday.

Edited to add: your right about your friend/employee being lucky.

Back
Top Bottom