• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MotoAmerica (round 2) formerly AMA-Road Atlanta this weekend

One year I'm going to make it to a real race at Barber or RA.. I love riding Barber, Road Atlanta always intimidated me though so I've never been

I've ridden RA a couple of times but never could string together all the corners.

Barber was such a pleasure to ride.

Those days are long behind me.

The concrete barriers in some areas scare me. Riders far better than I have met a bad ending with those walls. I like lots of runoff. Ive never been down, but I know when it comes irs likely to not be pretty

At 2:10 the 600's are running a rain race.

Saturday afternoon watched a guy nearly at the top of the hill before turn 10 (where gravity cavity used to be) low side on the brakes, in the wet. The joker slide on his butt at over a 100 MPH all the way into the marbles.

He got up, looked like a muddy ground hog, checked with the medics and waited a ride back to the pits.

Most impressive event of the day!

Streaming link, just a shot of the podium but in 15 mins. it should be getting busy. http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/ama/roadrace

One year I'm going to make it to a real race at Barber or RA.. I love riding Barber, Road Atlanta always intimidated me though so I've never been

It's a bucket list item for some. Nothing like track days, adrenaline filled, rubbing plastic/elbows, bumping each other-accidently of course. Barber is a wonderful roller coaster ride. Little Talladega is really fun with the new layout and great for smaller bikes. Roebling was my home town track and still a favorite. Jennings is nice track too with able track opportunities.

Like Hayata, I never did string enough corners together to do well at RA. Last time I was there at the WERA GNF I opted for some organic front break pads. Biggest mistake I ever did. The rotors were beginning to warp and I didn't have time or money to properly replace them. I wasn't last but darn close as those GNF boys typically have a season under their belt and a good game.

I've ridden RA a couple of times but never could string together all the corners.

Barber was such a pleasure to ride.

Those days are long behind me.

There is always track days to get a taste without risking state incarceration..... If you're interested let me know it's been a while for me putting a puck down. I'm starting to miss it and watching these guys racing in the rain with balls the size of coconuts is n not helping me stay away.....

.... 15 minutes later still podium :lol:

The track isn't safe right now, there is standing water in the apex's ankle deep, I understand why they aren't running.. but I'm wasting my whole day waiting for the race to start.. Might be about time to call it, I hate it, but it happens

Edited to add:

Tally is my "home" track. I'm about 2 hours from tally, RA, and 2 1/2 from barber so I'm in a good spot for track days and racing. my avitar photo is me on my SV650 at Tally back in July, I was on the dragon the two days prior so I was already fairly worn out for my track day, but I was at the dragon with some old friends from NY, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit while they were so close on vacation. Its a yearly event and nice to be able to catch up and ride some. I love riding little bikes on the track, especially little tracks like tally, so much fun to wring their little necks and not be doing triple digit speeds. Keeps confidence and fun up and doesn't hurt the pocket book quite as much when you inevitably let her down on her side pushing a little too hard

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom