• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MotoAmerica (round 2) formerly AMA-Road Atlanta this weekend

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
This weekend's race schedule: http://www.motoamerica.com/sites/mo...ts/2015/04/2015_road_atlanta_schedule_1_1.pdf

LIVE STREAMING:

Superbike/Superstock 1000 live streaming: http://www.motortrendondemand.com/live/

600 Superstock streaming video-go to Moto America icon at top: http://www.fanschoice.tv/

Awesome racing yesterday but I got wet and sunburned. It gives fits to pit crews as it was not wet enough to be wet and not dry enough to be dry. Skipping out on todays races but will probably watch them.

Sunday:

8:30-9:50 practice starts.

Paint rubbing in the rain begins at:

11:30 -12:30 60min Superbike/Superstock 1000 Race 1 (22 Laps)

13:00 -13:50 50min Supersport Race 2 (20 Laps)

14:10 -14:50 30min Superstock 600 Race 2 (16 Laps)

15:20 -16:20 60min Superbike/Superstock 1000 Race 2 (22 Laps)

If you never have watched a wet motorcycle race lots of action, especially if the track begins to dry a tad.

I sincerely wish Wayne Rainey a success story with taking over where the Daytona idiots destroyed AMA as well as Fox/NASCAR destroying SPEED Channel removing any NASCAR media and turning it into "NASACAR" Channel.

Some pics of Saturday at Road Atlanta:

Former three time champion World Grand Prix Motorcycle racer, all around professional, nicest guy and head of MotoAmerica Wayne Rainey. He was leading the points, looking at a fourth World Championship when he crashed at Misano, Italy ending his riding career. He still races carts with hand gear. The need for speed never wanes.

IMG_0107.JPG

Getting small, reducing wind drag....

DSC_0004.JPG

Very sweet umbrella ladies who stopped eating lunch for a picture for an ODT photographer, well unofficial, that is. Did I mention that? Maybe not.....

DSC_0028.JPG

The hot pits just prior to race start..... Now we know why they call them the "hot pits"....

DSC_0042.JPG

Pit bikes, no plate, were WELOME! Bring your pit bike!!!

DSC_0068.JPG

No that's a pace car!

DSC_0070.JPG

More to follow only 6 pics allowed...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting... Will the Sunday race be televised - Where/when? I can not imagine racing on a track with other bikes in the rain... Very high sphincter factor..

Knee on the deck at over a huuundret miles an hour!

DSC_0089.JPG

Newly painted white lines clashed with the mold on the concrete.....

DSC_0096.JPG

A better perspective of the new white lines....

DSC_0097.JPG

Some vintage unobtainum...

DSC_0101.JPG

More vintage steel. These guys raced, last race on Saturday.

DSC_0104.JPG

More umbrella ladies at the podium... Yamalube, ummm might have to try that stuff out....

DSC_0105.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for posting... Will the Sunday race be televised - Where/when? I can not imagine racing on a track with other bikes in the rain... Very high sphincter factor..

Not in this country. Since Fox sports acquired Speed Channel they have scrubbed it of nearly everything not NASCAR. I suspect competition being the major motive as the aggressive and exciting motorcycle road racing was taking fans from NASCAR.

You can stream the video. I'm new to this format so I'm sure they will archive so you can watch at your leisure as well but can't say for sure.

Cool post OP!

Diggin' the pics! And thanks for the links to stream! Shame we can't get it broadcast cable.

Sounds like a good time yesterday.

The riders are going to need snorkels today with all this rain.

Back
Top Bottom