• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Military ID Card?

Yep, you are correct (I should have kept on reading!). :D

Unless you were in uniform, I don't think I'd want to test that one on the local PD.
They couldn't charge you, but I'm sure they would detain you for a while.

Lol, I certainly wouldn't do it in uniform...I would be much more concerned about what my command would do to me if I was caught in uniform carrying a personal firearm. Ultimately, yeah, I'd beat the civilian rap...I'm less confident I'd get off easily with the military.

Well I don't think the age is required because I can legally be hired as a law enforcement officer for the State of GA as long as I'm older than 18. And if I'm an 18 yr old officer then I still need a firearm. (**most agencies require you to be 21, but no law forbidding you join or go to the academy at 18**)
Haha.
So I'm still lost. Lol

They will hire you but They won't Just hand you a pistol and put you on the street. They will stick you in a jail till you turn 21

Actually, you could be hired at 18 by an agency to work in corrections but you won't be sent to the Police academy until you are at least 20 1/2 years old. You can't become a certified Police Officer until you can legally carry a gun which is at 21 years of age in this state. I speak from experience because I've worked at a Police Officer for 10 years now. We will not hire anyone unless they are at least 20 1/2 years old since you'll be 21 by the time you graduate the academy.

Actually, you could be hired at 18 by an agency to work in corrections but you won't be sent to the Police academy until you are at least 20 1/2 years old. You can't become a certified Police Officer until you can legally carry a gun which is at 21 years of age in this state. I speak from experience because I've worked at a Police Officer for 10 years now. We will not hire anyone unless they are at least 20 1/2 years old since you'll be 21 by the time you graduate the academy.

Interesting....had an officer pull me over three days ago that was 19...he was carrying and when we were chatting the other officer joked about buying his ammo.

Back
Top Bottom