• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Watched a military officer in BDUs get turned away from a firearms purchase today even though he had his orders and such.

Soldier must be from Illinois where normal firearms are banned?
Shouldn't matter. Military personnel with valid military ID and PCS orders are considered to be legal residents of the state they are stationed in. At least for the purpose of buying firearms.

Was in Florida last year for work and wound up going to a gun show next door. Found a decent deal on Henry Big Boy, and went to buy it. Dealer looked at my GA license and said he couldn't sell to me. I asked why, since it was a long rifle and I lived in a neighboring state. He said that the ATF told him he could only sell to FL residents. Coincidentally, the ATF had a booth set up at the show. I talked to the Agent there, and he said that he had never heard of that. FL dealers were allowed to sell shotguns/rifles to GA residents. Went back to the dealer with the agent, and he said that he still couldn't sell it to me. I have an FFL as well, and have never been told that by BATFE.

Back
Top Bottom