• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Military ID Card?

I thought you had to be 21 to buy and carry a handgun. Unless your a MP on duty/orders, then the age wont apply since your doing fed. duty. Dont think that your military ID will do anything for you, a cop has arrest powers, and can arrest you for ANY infraction of the law, even if your on active duty.

I " know a guy" who nearly getting caught on guard duty with a privately owned weapon "On The Border" a long time ago. They wouldn't arm us because they didn't want an international incident. If you lived in the barracks, you had to keep your guns in the armory, and could only sign it out to take to the range. If you sold, you had to show a receipt.

Yes, you are exempted from carry laws with a military ID.

Georgia Code 16-11-130 said:
(a) Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-127.2 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:

(3) Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States;

I looked through the code and all I could find about age is this:

Georgia Code 16-11-29 said:
(2) No weapons carry license shall be issued to:

(A) Any person under 21 years of age;

So you're not exempted from this section...but since you're not trying to be issued a weapons carry license, it shouldn't matter.

IANAL

Back
Top Bottom