• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MG owners. Ever had the law called on you for automatic fire?

Well You seem to be of the opinion we can decide which calls we can and cannot respond to. and that is quite the example, however if Its called in, its dispatched just like the all the folks who call in to tell us someone cut them off in traffic. And we still have to clear on those too (although though we do it in-service) even though there is nothing we can do unless we observe the violation.
As for my grammar......... I never claimed to be a English teacher

So I can call in a toddler eating a gummy bear and you have to respond? Bull****.

It would require it to go over the air and be dispatched and only a supervisor can make the call to cancel response so yes bit of a difference between shots being fired and a toddler eating gummybears though

So the supervisors are the morons?

There is no difference between toddlers eating gummy bears and shots fired because both are legal activities.

But I am glad HVAC makes you an expert on Law Enforcement If I have to explain the potential difference there the point would be lost anyhow. If you feel there should be no response to these calls by all means, there is an election every 4 years Run for Sheriff of your county.

This bothers me. Don't take this as a reflection on you kuduman, but why is this response "cool?" LE shows up at low ready, over stepping their bounds in requesting paperwork, and then presume that you need their "permission" (call us first)? I'm typically pro-LEO, but I would be hacked off had that happened to me.

"Cool" only because it could have gone so much more badly. Maybe that wasn't the best choice of words, but it was tense and they quickly recognized all was well. I would much prefer they not have shown up at all, but if they are going to show up, to at least be professional about it. And they were (besides berating us a bit about not calling them).

I hear you, understand you, and agree with you. But that wasn't the time to get on my soapbox about my rights.

I guess I assume that someone shooting an MG in broad daylight, on their own property, is probably a law abiding citizen. For whatever it's worth, I've been either shooting or accompanying someone shooting an MG on three different occasions, once in SC, twice in GA when LE was called...never were they at low ready nor did they ever ask for any paperwork.

The problem is assumptions are the mother of all f ups. If you assume something wrongly like that 1 time, you could not go home ever again. I feel for LEO's. They apparently cant do anything right to some people

Why respond at all? Are you going to show up when someone reports me for cutting my grass during daylight hours? The assumption is a person is not breaking any laws. This is the same bull**** as idiots reporting OC guys as "man with a gun".

Again, if a call comes out of shots fired and they assume its just someone legally shooting on their own property when in fact it is a home invasion or something that they don't respond to and someone dies, then there goes millions of tax dollars in a law suit. They have to respond every time like its the real deal. Yes its bull **** that it gets reported by stupid people that don't know the law, but blame the stupid people, not the officers just following up. its like the video of the guy walking down the street with an AR right down the road from a school.. did the cops apear to over react? of course they did.. but what if that officer did nothing and that guy went to the school and shot it up.. what do you think happens to that officer then?

But I am glad HVAC makes you an expert on Law Enforcement If I have to explain the potential difference there the point would be lost anyhow. If you feel there should be no response to these calls by all means, there is an election every 4 years Run for Sheriff of your county.

And there it is. You can't criticize what you don't do.

Have an opinion about the president? Shut up! When were you POTUS?
I guess you can't talk Braves having never been a professional baseball player.

I think dave's point was lost on you. Not trying to be combative but you seem to have the attitude that you are always right no matter what. Just because you are law enforcement doesn't mean that everything you say is law. Also, Dave probably does know more about gun laws than many people in law enforcement. A badge does not automatically make someone an expert on all laws.

Back
Top Bottom