• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

MG owners. Ever had the law called on you for automatic fire?

Fair enough Just remember There are a butt load of laws for the state alone then add federal that's why an officer Should have anything clarified before making an arrest
Yeah I know. And when you run into white cops in my age range they are usually gun people. So most of the time they know the laws and even if they aren't up to date on NFA stuff they will usually find out real quick from Some other officer that is and then apologize for bothering you. But like I mentioned about the 14" non NFA shotgun goes, that would probably cause you some problems if you got pulled over with it. See most grown ups know the legal minimum length of shotgun and rifle barrels. But not everyone knows the finer points of NFA regs. So I can easily imagine being detained and cuffed in a Crown Vic over such a shotgun for God knows how long until whatever supervisor found the copy of the law and relayed the info back to the guys detaining you on the side of the road and his 5 backup officers.

Hearing machine-gun fire and assuming a crime is the same as hearing sex and assuming rape.

i1.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_original_000_554_434_119.jpg

Hearing machine-gun fire and assuming a crime is the same as hearing sex and assuming rape.

As long as the noise is not during quiet hours, neighbors and cops have no cause to say anything.
And once again.... Responding to this kind of call, we show up and your shooting safely we go away, sometimes we may talk for awhile (remember, most of us are gun nuts too). if we get a call we respond its that simple.

Yeah I know. And when you run into white cops in my age range they are usually gun people. So most of the time they know the laws and even if they aren't up to date on NFA stuff they will usually find out real quick from Some other officer that is and then apologize for bothering you. But like I mentioned about the 14" non NFA shotgun goes, that would probably cause you some problems if you got pulled over with it. See most grown ups know the legal minimum length of shotgun and rifle barrels. But not everyone knows the finer points of NFA regs. So I can easily imagine being detained and cuffed in a Crown Vic over such a shotgun for God knows how long until whatever supervisor found the copy of the law and relayed the info back to the guys detaining you on the side of the road and his 5 backup officers.
I know the scatter gun your talking about and there becoming more common, but right now its still kinda new and its not surprising a lot of cops.... and folks on here as well don't know about the rational behind it. I have a funny feeling it will be ruled as a AOW and require a $5 stamp kinda like a Moss 500 cut down

Well my only point is that a lot of folks just don't know. That's why when you look at MG and suppressor videos on YouTube you will see some of the dumbest comments you've ever seen. That's also why QRF has those bill boards even way down here that say in huge letters " Silencers are Legal".

And once again.... Responding to this kind of call, we show up and your shooting safely we go away, sometimes we may talk for awhile (remember, most of us are gun nuts too). if we get a call we respond its that simple.

Why respond at all? Are you going to show up when someone reports me for cutting my grass during daylight hours? The assumption is a person is not breaking any laws. This is the same bull**** as idiots reporting OC guys as "man with a gun".

What happens if I call 911 to report a man with a hat?

"911 what is your emergency?"
"There is a man with a hat."
"What is the man doing with the hat?"
"He is wearing it."

BTW it's "you're".

we hear so many gun shots in the hood we dont even call.I just dump a mag down the creek and it stops.The lasers really confuse em at night.Red Green from 2 directions

Why respond at all? Are you going to show up when someone reports me for cutting my grass during daylight hours? The assumption is a person is not breaking any laws. This is the same bull**** as idiots reporting OC guys as "man with a gun".

What happens if I call 911 to report a man with a hat?

"911 what is your emergency?"
"There is a man with a hat."
"What is the man doing with the hat?"
"He is wearing it."

BTW it's "you're".
Well You seem to be of the opinion we can decide which calls we can and cannot respond to. and that is quite the example, however if Its called in, its dispatched just like the all the folks who call in to tell us someone cut them off in traffic. And we still have to clear on those too (although though we do it in-service) even though there is nothing we can do unless we observe the violation.
As for my grammar......... I never claimed to be a English teacher

Back
Top Bottom