• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanic certified for rebuild title work?

If you want to keep it tell them and have them write you a check (after you get the written estimate). If it does get a totaled title after that you can repair it and get it inspected. Branded with a "salvage repaired title"
You have to document all parts new and used if allowed by your inspection station, and take pictures of the before damages.
Remember not to paint or cover anything more than primer before the inspection. And do not show up with a basic system or a cracked windshield because you will automatically fail before they inspect.
Most shops have minimums listed on their websites

If they are willing to total it why don't you accept the offer? If it's as inflated as truck prices are now you may have enough to upgrade without a lot of cash outlay.

I️ guess my objection is to taking a drivable truck with some body damage off the road due to a salvage title, then have to work with a shop in another county to get inspection and rebuilt title, and my reward is that my insurance company won’t want to insure it or will jack up my rates…

I️ would love to, but I️ haven’t received a response since I️ let them know I️ didn’t plan to apply for a salvage title…

I bought an out of state vehicle with a salvage title once. Had to get it inspected here to get a GA title. Low and behold, a repair that passed in the other state, did not pass inspection in GA. I had to take it to a certified rebuilder to get it done right and have it re-inspected. Giant pain in the rear to get all that done, but was worth it for what I paid for the vehicle.

Also had no problem getting full coverage insurance on it. Ended up in an accident that totaled it again and insurance gave me more than I originally paid for the vehicle.

I don't remember the mechanic I used, the guy that did the inspection recommended him. I went to Bradley Sullen in Gainesville for the inspection.

Back
Top Bottom