• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Maxie Price RV what a horrible experience

HVACGuy

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
136   0
Reaction score
So I’m surfing Facebook Marketplace (I know, I know,) and come across a used pop up listed by it turns out, Maxie Price RV. I go up and look it over. It’s old and needs some things, but the advertised asking price was 1295.00, so I decide it was worth it and agree to buy it cash. The salesman walks away and is gone for quite a while. Then he comes back and tells me walk out the door was 2250.00. I tell him in no way does tax and tag plus a small paperwork fee (which shouldn’t be there anyway since I’m paying cash) would translate into almost 1000.00 more. He says well we have to charge a dealer fee because it’s the law. I tell him well, now I’m no longer interested and politely try to leave. He follows me out the door all the way to my car talking up a storm trying to backtrack and I keep telling him, no and I’m leaving. Please let me leave. He corners me at my vehicle and I again tell him I’m leaving, to please leave me alone. Doesn’t phase him one bit and he keeps taking. At this point I tell him he’s starting to make me angry, that I’ve politely asked him several times to leave me alone and let me leave. He still persists and my wife tells him, you don’t understand, you’re making him very angry and you need to let us leave. He Still doesn’t quit. I had to back out weird because he was kind of blocking me, and then I see him giving me dirty looks as I’m pulling away. I stop and roll down the window and ask him why he’s giving me dirty looks, and he yells that he’s just trying to sell me a camper. What a bunch of a holes at this place. I’m still fuming...

Back in 96 my wife totaled her car and needed a new one. We were at Carey Paul Honda about to buy a new Accord. Got to finance and they pulled the bait n switch. I said nope I’m done and got up and walked out. Wife was kinda in shock. As we got to my truck my wife says look. 4 men in suits chasing us down begging me to come back for the deal. My wife still laughs about that when she tells people what an asshole I am.

Back in 96 my wife totaled her car and needed a new one. We were at Carey Paul Honda about to buy a new Accord. Got to finance and they pulled the bait n switch. I said nope I’m done and got up and walked out. Wife was kinda in shock. As we got to my truck my wife says look. 4 men in suits chasing us down begging me to come back for the deal. My wife still laughs about that when she tells people what an asshole I am.
What is it with car dealers that make them think that chasing you down in force will make you do anything but feel threatened and go into fight mode? I mean has anyone changed their mind and bought a car after being bullied by goons?

Back
Top Bottom