• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Making a Living on ODT

Well OP ya gotta admit, you only have 272 posts, yet have a membership date of 10/30/2010 (almost the inception of the ODT) and created a post asking people to incriminate themselves to a Federal crime?

You're either the worst BATFE agent of all time, or just looking for some verbal abuse from the peanut gallery here. - who might I add are the sharpest of the crayons in the box.

Might as well ask them all, who here shoulders the Sig Brace? :pound:

Well OP ya gotta admit, you only have 272 posts, yet have a membership date of 10/30/2010 (almost the inception of the ODT) and created a post asking people to incriminate themselves to a Federal crime?

You're either the worst BATFE agent of all time, or just looking for some verbal abuse from the peanut gallery here. - who might I add are the sharpest of the crayons in the box.

Might as well ask them all, who here shoulders the Sig Brace? :pound:
The post was meant to be sarcastic. I clearly didn't expect people to start posting how much they made off of illegally selling guns last year. I expected some verbal abuse here. As far as post count goes I didn't know it was necessary to chime in on every post on the site to Have a right to an opinion. I spend more time browsing the odt than anywhere else online and it bugs me to see people using it that way. I guess I just hoped that people here were buying guns because they had a genuine interest in them.

Last edited:
The post was meant to be sarcastic. I clearly didn't expect people to start posting how much they made off of illegally selling guns last year. I expected some verbal abuse here from the people that condone illegally buying and selling firearms. As far as post count goes I didn't know it was necessary to chime in on every post on the site to Have a right to an opinion. I spend more time browsing the odt than anywhere else online and it bugs me to see people using it that way. I guess I just hoped that people here were buying guns because they had a genuine interest in them.

so now your saying that if people comment "against what you say that they "condone illegal buying and selling firearms". :wacko:

The post was meant to be sarcastic. I clearly didn't expect people to start posting how much they made off of illegally selling guns last year. I expected some verbal abuse here from the people that condone illegally buying and selling firearms. As far as post count goes I didn't know it was necessary to chime in on every post on the site to Have a right to an opinion. I spend more time browsing the odt than anywhere else online and it bugs me to see people using it that way. I guess I just hoped that people here were buying guns because they had a genuine interest in them.

OP, please don't misunderstand my post. I wasn't being mean spirited or speaking harshly towards you. I was just illuminating the ridiculousness of the post combined with the elements that surround the post. If I were to have made that post, or @biker13, or @Bypass, Hasselhoss Hasselhoss , @ARCman47, @Laxguy59, @NWSharpshooter, @sovietak474u, etc. then it would've been taken in the jest it was intended. However what I was implying was that having a low post count alone, not including a very old membership date in conjunction with asking a question like that is very suspect and with this community, everything is scrutinized finely. Especially those things that could lead to a government agency or "sting".

And to clarify: no, post count doesn't equate to having a "right to an opinion". Technically we have no "rights" here as this is OS's site and OS's rules.

So please don't take what I said as chastising, I was honestly just pointing out the white elephant in the room.

OP, please don't misunderstand my post. I wasn't being mean spirited or speaking harshly towards you. I was just illuminating the ridiculousness of the post combined with the elements that surround the post. If I were to have made that post, or @biker13, or @Bypass, Hasselhoss Hasselhoss , @ARCman47, @Laxguy59, @NWSharpshooter, @sovietak474u, etc. then it would've been taken in the jest it was intended. However what I was implying was that having a low post count alone, not including a very old membership date in conjunction with asking a question like that is very suspect and with this community, everything is scrutinized finely. Especially those things that could lead to a government agency or "sting".

And to clarify: no, post count doesn't equate to having a "right to an opinion". Technically we have no "rights" here as this is OS's site and OS's rules.

So please don't take what I said as chastising, I was honestly just pointing out the white elephant in the room.
I appreciate the clarification. I am definitely not an atf agent. I'm actually currently sitting in my camper in the west texas oilfields. Don't think the atf could pay me like oil does. I was being sarcastic after being a little irked by seeing a gun I tried to buy being flipped.

Back
Top Bottom