• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Magnet Fishing

I've never done any myself, but if you've got a Harbor Freight near you, go by there sometime.

Seems like I remember seeing some big magnets last time I was in there.
I was just about to suggest a trip to Harbor Freight. They have one that I looked at for the same purpose that I rectangular a little bigger than a chalk board eraser and already has a metal ring attached to the back.
I first thought about magnet fishing before we moved down here to Darien. Back where I'm from in Macon there's a spot where I75 meets I16 east bound and there's northbound part where I16 runs back into 75 North. it's referred to as the Devil's Triangle by locals and the three bridges there run across the Ocmulgee River in a part of Macon where it is whatcha call "Sketchy" There has to be a few Hi Points and Lorcins right below those bridges. And God only knows what else.

I'm pretty sure that's the one I saw at the store.
That's the same one I was talking about. Although I had no idea it was rated that strong. I think ideally you want a strong magnet but no so strong you can't get it free from any I beams or bridge supports if it sticks to them.

I have tried magnet fishing with a 150lb magnet from Home Depot about $16.00 and in a privet lake that i know there is a ton of crap like about 20 rods & reals for sure and I didn't get as much as a old fish hook. The magnet grabbed a few things good but would let go after pulling hard. I thought I was going to get rich.

Back
Top Bottom