• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lottery plans

I've thought about it too much (although I almost never buy a ticket.)
I'd buy a huge spread out west, probably Idaho, and invite any siblings that wanted to come live there, for free, I'd pay for their dream homes.
I'd pay off all my nieces and nephew's mortgages and offer to pay for their kid's colleges.
My church would get a very nice chunk as would a couple of specific charities. A handful of friends would get some happy surprises. Then me and my wife's full time job would be as secret philanthropists. Every time I see some news story about someone that had something horrible befall them and something as meager as a couple thousand dollars would change their lives it floors me. They'd get it anonymously.
And oh yeah, I'm not ALL about everybody else. I'd finally get that triple black '65 convertible GTO. Know that. :)

they're going to pull the big lottery soon. Use your imagination if you were to hit for 500 million what would you do?
First visit a lawyer and open a trust. The lawyer handles the transference of 100% of the winnings into the trust.

#1 only you and your lawyer know you are the winner
#2 You collect 100% of the winnings. Meaning the government doesn't take half up front.
#3 The contents of your trust are outside of the prying eyes of the government, bad actors, family members, or anyone you don't tell. So don't tell anyone.
#4 Trusts grow tax free, so invest away! Note include any titled property in the trust.
#5 Trusts pay taxes when they disburse money. Buying the new 150k 2021 Porsche 911 Carrera GT3 is an investment not a disbursement.

You could be living on the beach in Tahiti, and your lawyer can refill the prepaid credit card in your pocket. If you need cash, he could send you a FedEx envelope.

If the high school band needs new uniforms. You can have your lawyer make an anonymous donation. (NOT IN YOUR NAME!)

If anyone has contrary information please respond

I've thought about it too much (although I almost never buy a ticket.)
I'd buy a huge spread out west, probably Idaho, and invite any siblings that wanted to come live there, for free, I'd pay for their dream homes.
I'd pay off all my nieces and nephew's mortgages and offer to pay for their kid's colleges.
My church would get a very nice chunk as would a couple of specific charities. A handful of friends would get some happy surprises. Then me and my wife's full time job would be as secret philanthropists. Every time I see some news story about someone that had something horrible befall them and something as meager as a couple thousand dollars would change their lives it floors me. They'd get it anonymously.
And oh yeah, I'm not ALL about everybody else. I'd finally get that triple black '65 convertible GTO. Know that. :)
I like the philanthropic leanings. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom